Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

it is a very cool and useful box, notwithstanding the flaming turd that is Overbridge

Refund for what exactly? You got a great product, working fine without OB.
Sure :3lektron: failed hard when announcing sth that was not yet ready. But nontheless, tje boxes work great as they do so I really do not get the point of wanting a refund.
Wishing them to fail hard: what kind of human being are you? There are real people behind these products, working their ass off to provide you with top notch gear. Wanting them to fail means men and women losing their jobs, families not having income.
You should reconsider your wishes.

To those who think betatesting sth lile OB would take 2 weeks: lean back, OB beta is in stage one of at least three. Win drivers are the part currently tested. Albeit pretty stable, the bugs that still show up in some setups need to be wiped.
Then comes mac driver testing. I am sure Apple will do their part of breaking OB for Mac again when releasing neyt OSX.
When both OSā€™ drivers work 100%, testing the plugins will take up time as well.
I have no further insight, I am not in tje testing team but common sense tells me: OB will hit the road not before 4Q2018, maybe even November.

This has to be solid, stage ready. No one wants OB to be half baked, so give them the time they need. They will deliver, as always. Most cases they do overdeliver.

2 Likes

There are also real people buying these products. I need to feed my family too and I spent lot of money on Elektron boxes expecting them to work as audio interfaces as this feature was what Elektron advertised them with.

Since Elektron is not able to deliver what they promise, I need to spend more money to buy separate audio interface from some company that actually knows how to make them.

I hope you see how that can create negative feelings towards Elektron? I feel Elektron owes me what my audio interface cost as I was already supposed to get that functionality when I gave my money to them.

Unless Digitakt is your first instrument, how were you able to record stuff before buying it?

Most people aspiring to be musicians already have a dedicated audio interface. I have 6 elektron boxes and Iā€™ve never felt any need to complain for them not working as audio interfaces because I have a Tascam audio interface that cost me a whopping 120euros and it has 16 inputs which is more than enough for all my synths.

I do understand the dissappointment of not having Overbridge released yet, but the software really isnā€™t needed for enjoying the instruments or using them to their full potential. I guess itā€™s a matter of prioritising. In the time weā€™ve all spent arguing this old and tired subject we couldā€™ve all made a lot of music with our expensive equipment.

3 Likes

ā€¦needs to stop pressing buttons hereā€¦and start pressing buttons on their gear.

4 Likes

I am upset too about the overbridge delay, but bro you are talking a complete nonsense. Elektron as a company do not manufacture audio interfaces, thatā€™s a added functionality, so please stop spam :wink:

I disagree. They make devices that work as audio interfaces according to their advertising. Is it wrong to expect them to work as audio interfaces then?

It seems weird to buy one and thinking you would have that as your only audio interface. Canā€™t even use mics with it

Sorry if it seems weird to you, but I come from ITB world where I didnā€™t need separate audio interface. My music also doesnā€™t have vocals so I donā€™t need mics either.

No, but you know, you can sample stuff into it. Mics are great for that.

2 Likes

ā€œThey can work asā€, but thatā€™s not the main function. I bought AR MK2 because i need a drum machine, not a sampler if u know what i mean.

I really donā€™t know what you mean. Do you mean that even though Elektron advertises that their devices work as audio interfaces, itā€™s wrong to expect that they do?

And if someone complains about this, itā€™s ā€complete nonsenseā€ like you commented earlier?

2 Likes

2 Likes

Would be cool if they just release the driver earlier to stream the tracks separatelyā€¦even its a beta

ā€œWould be cool if they release half-finished software with loads of bugsā€

would be cool if Elektron communicated a little bit more.

ā€œFuck it, Ship it!ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Weā€™ll do it live!

5 Likes

when when when ā€¦??? please please :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Tuesday

8 Likes