Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

What the hell @lemons can´t you just open a private discussion where you can repeat the SAME arguments that were presented like a year ago over and over again? Overbridge is not ready yet and Elektron is busy fixing it. They make statements if something happens (like the beta phase or OS updates) and will release the WHOLE overbridge suite when it´s done. Since you stated several times that you are DONE with Elektron and sold everything I really don´t understand where you take all the energy to complain from.

8 Likes

Well… he isn’t the only one repeating him self. The apologists must share the blame. I think both camps should let it go now… Things are finally moving forward with OB. This is great but people are understandably pissed and will be until it’s finished and beyond. I will certainly think twice before ordering any new products from Elektron in the future. Analog Rythm is still my favorite drum machine though.

3 Likes

The whole reason people are so angry is because Elektrons products kick so butt.
Rytm is #1.
When overbridge drops, and rytm gets inside the daw again (ive upgraded for the dual vco, and cant go back now :P)…Mmm, saftige saker, as we say in Norway.

1 Like

I don’t understand the need to call individuals apologist or attempt to be insulting because they don’t agree with certain viewpoints or share the same vitriol as some here. Especially when no one is defending elektron. Elektron has dropped the ball hard here.

As I stated earlier, I share the sentiment that I don’t understand the nonsense starting up again when overbridge is actually moving forward. Some people need the negativity I guess.

If someone posts a comment and I feel like replying to it, I do so with my point of view.

If Elektron communicated more towards community, maybe there would be more to discuss.

Where have I stated this? I don’t recall doing it even once and I would certainly not be DONE with Elektron, if they get their act together. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Live!

Overbridge still under construction! Proof in the picture!

Elektron HQ almost under a big green bridge for the funny part!

I go on with my Goteborg visit, cool city!

Keep on Elektron, i miss my Digitone stayed at home.

2 Likes

Overbridge should move forward much quicker than it is now. They started the beta month ago and have only tested Windows driver so far, and even it doesn’t seem to work reliably. It’s not that “some people need negativity”, it’s the situation that causes it.

When you continually bring it up over and over. Yes, i will say that signifies, some people need the negativity. Especially ones like you who are given information and refuse to accept it. (Let’s not forget your continual, why hasn’t the driver been release questioning, how many people told you bugs before you accepted that as an answer). We are all responsible for our own actions, elektron isn’t forcing your immensely negative interactions here. It’s a choice for you to keep coming back and interacting this way

I’m sorry if that came off as offensive (Not intended). I just mean that people telling people not to complain fuels the fire. On the other hand I have no problem with the driver for my ARMK2 and windows. I’m sure OB will be great when it’s finally released.

The thing with that was that some people insisted there were no issues at all with it - for example davemech who I saw as trustworthy as he posted the video review earlier etc. It was hard to see what the actual reason for the delay was because of contradictory comments.

Actually you yourself didn’t see bugs as the reason for the delay, according to you it was because it would alienate MacOS users is Windows users got a working driver first.

I actually stated bugs a few times on top of the Mac thing.
Other users told you bugs too.

This is what I meant earlier by selective reading and responding.

So you yourself gave me two completely different reasons for not releasing the Windows driver.

I wanted to know the actual reason, that’s why I kept the discussion going about that until I got proper reason (glitches in the audio stream which is a serious issue and very familiar from OB1).

Hey, if you need to be right that much, I concede. All you dude. We are just talking in circles now.

I consider this whole overbridge mess a really bad business practise
and false advertisement and no real progress - considering that a beta phase should have happened almost two years ago - as elektron decided to put overbridge on the inital package and is still advertising it as PART of the digitakt delvery content.

Starting a beta phase a few weeks ago is nothing but a helpless effort to calm down the customers…

I do not need overbridge but what I need and want is to trust a company and this here is a bad bad example of business practise and should be punished through law.
elektron can be thankful to be a small business and is not getting recognized by the officials…
But I hope their sales take a deep dive as customers turn away from them as they are not offering any excuse in terms of refund… not even after that long time… I stopped being active here some time ago as I got bored by elektron and to be honest I got angry over them and that is not good emotion when it comes to use their stuff… so I don’t use them anymore…

3 Likes

What is this about two years ago?

Im sorry but, OB will not make you a better musician.
You can still make tunes without.

Make music not war :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who knows. but it will be better, and maybe have some features that rectify the OB dumpster fire

The beta started something like 20 days ago or less…
Also, did you register to the beta ?

The beta began on July 12

The reason it has taken a while is because there is no timeline for the beta.
A seed is released. Feedback is given. Code is changed, rinse repeat.

If you want a timeline or a promise of dates of completion, look elsewhere.

So that sums up the current status of OB = windows driver still in Beta. OS X driver to follow. Then the VST/AU side of the package. Again. No timeline.

Is there really anything else of substance to say?

11 Likes

Even with OB in it’s current state I still really want a DT again. I miss that little box. Hopefully one day.

1 Like