Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

What do you suppose the “Assign” button does on the Digitakt OB menu?

1 Like

Those are dropouts and not the same thing.

3 Likes

The firmware that allows this for the MK1 needs to be released at the same time as the new version of Overbridge. Otherwise the current version of Overbridge will stop working as it’s not compatible with the next firmware.

Rytm MK2 has had mainly bugfixes and stability updates. The MK1 has had a large amount of feature updates during its lifetime and still might have a few more to come i.e the DVCO.

Not true at all, bugfixes and at least one new feature(DVCO) are planned.

Fair point, but it’s happening.

13 Likes

Ohhhh yeeeeaaahhh

1 Like

I looked at the last update offered for AR1 and it says something along the lines of “if you wish to use OB1.10 instead of new 1.15, don’t update.”
Why not release new OS (you’ve verified its ready) with a similar stipulation, i.e. if you want to use OB 1.15 then don’t update.
There is nothing in OB 1 that can’t be accomplished in a different matter (edit all parameters from the box, buy an external sync box, etc…) there are currently zero ways to backup samples.
After 4 years I can’t be the only one with a full AR, why not give us the option to edit our samples?
Like several others, I don’t need OB in it’s current state. I already own an interface, have invested in solid syncing hardware and don’t see the point of an editor that only controls some, not all of the controls (looking at you sequencer, or really lack of one in OB).
For those who need it, don’t update. Those who need to manage samples could.
Furthermore, you could have both by updating your AR, backing it up properly (with samples) then downgrade back.
Seems pretty simple to me, what am I missing?

4 Likes

There’s latency compensation in about every DAW so what’s it all about?

Gui looks great! So glad we now have a picture of it and list of highlights… Seems like worth waiting for to me ; )

1 Like

Thanks for update, and addressing questions :+1:

4 Likes

This. 100%.

Look it up. It’s for mixing, not for live playing

Guys! I’ll bet if we can get this topic up to about 2100+ posts we’ll graduate up to a .gif of OB(even though it will be released by the 21st)(or perhaps I made the wrong calculation- as I meant 3 weeks from my initial prediction- MAYbe the 28th)

3 Likes

I think the fact that people from the elektron team are answering / explaining themselves here despite all the negative tone and all really speaks for them. Elektron you have my respect. Keep up the good work and don’t let all the negativeness slow you down! cheers from amsterdam.

21 Likes

i sure hope OB2 can run on 10.9 OS x.

i’ve had no issues with overbride 1 on my machine ever

2 Likes

I actually have a big 32 track multitrack recorder with USB that I can load stems on. The DT doesn’t have individual outs though. In reality, I would probably record the DT’s main outs into it more often than not, but I would still like to give it a try.

Also, if OB has sample/project management capabilities that would be very helpful and I wouldn’t want to have to deal with hosting it in a DAW just for that.

6 Likes

Thanks @Olle for your updates. I genuinely appreciate this.

5 Likes

so strong

1 Like

Looks great. Can’t wait (but I can, take your time. get it right :sunglasses:).

1 Like

Thanks Olle, happy with that.

1 Like

I so very much appreciate an update!!! It doesnt feel like we are in the dark anymore, and doesnt make me want to make a racket on this forum wondering what is going on…thanks for shedding light on the process enough for us to know you are making progress and are working hard…just communicating this marketing or not makes me feel less abandoned in the process.

Just wanted to point out to all questioning the latency of older devices …if you have any of the thousands of other usb audio devices available as part of your set up they will be introducing latency that you will have to delay your Elektron devices to sync with anyway…if you own a virus, a usb sound card or mixer, a motu midi timepiece, or any device with the limited bandwidth of usb1 …you would have to delay the timing of your Elektron anyway so its not playing before everything else…not so bad if its studio. But
Probs best not to be relying on a pc for live use anyway…

Thanks again for the information…

2 Likes

We already new about the lower latency for mk2’s only since the “Overbridge News” topic last November…
I’ve reposted it multiple times since then.

To me it’s actually a bonus that the mk1 latency is improved in any way, that wasn’t stated before…

5 Likes