Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

and none of the above even gets near to the stress of having to release it on a specific day across the world , millions spent on marketing purely for that release window.
working weekends, 24 hours , missing family events , health issues , impact on friends …

i’m sure the team know the importance of this , they’ve gone through the difficult decision of delaying it and the endless anger and hatred people are expressing on this thread…

have a bit of empathy people… i’m sure you all may have worked on something that mightve been late , even turning up the a meeting 10 minutes late ? … your daughters birthday ? , graduation , … then add all the bullshit written about it on forums like this… do you think thats fun to read ?

2 Likes

So you’re saying you asked Elektron if they were keeping Mojave into consideration and they said no? I find that hard to believe…

Well no answer from Elektron make’s me conclude Elektron is not interested in macOS Mojave 10.14 at this stage or no priority for the closed beta of Overbridge 2.0…

The real question is: how long until OPEN Beta?

And give the open beta users access to a sub-forum specifically for complaints, and nobody at Elektron has to actually check it :slight_smile: They already know the bugs, but then everyone will shut up and see it’s actually happening and what features we can expect, no?

did you consider theyre on holiday at the moment and comms is quite slow ?
or that they already have enough people for mac .

so many ways to interpret ‘no answer’ …

and to assume ‘they already know the bugs’ is a bit weird considering its in beta , otherwise they wouldn’t need to do it.

i’m going to block this thread , might be back in a few weeks.

Could be good, could also backfire large.

Ive always felt the company making a product needs to do what they have to do, to feel proud about what they want to release to the public.

Their name is on the product…the choice is theres.
Our choice is wait or move on.
Based on my past experience with this company…i choose to wait.

Considering the monumental delay, everyone should at least have a choice of whether they want to play with the beta or not, not just a select few.

4 Likes

I did not sign up for the closed beta because macOS Mojave 10.14 was not listed in the sign up form. So I asked the day (2018-07-06) when Elektron came up with the closed beta news.

Any other Elektronauts that are beta testing macOS Mojave 10.14? And did you sign up on the closed beta of Overbridge 2.0 and got accepted by Elektron?

That it works fine for a couple of people with a couple of setups doesn’t mean a lot in software development.
So, basically, no, QA is not finished yet.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Pointless bickering

Yeah, you are right - later commenters indicated that the current version has glitches and distortion in the audio stream which is a serious issue. Unfortunately this means it won’t probably ever work reliably as they have had plenty of time to do the ”QA” at this point.

Why the rush to go to an OS that isn’t available to the public yet? Apple is notoriously hard to future-proof software against. I could see the complaint if Overbridge were made by Apple, but aside from that there’s no point. Third party guys always have to play patch-and-catch-up. If there are big changes in Mojave, I wouldn’t expect Overbridge compatibility until the beginning of 2019 earliest. That’s just the way it is.

It certainly looks like macOS Mojave 10.14 will come out sooner than Overbridge 2.0.

Elektron could at least tell to wait with updating the macOS to Mojave 10.14.

When I still used Mac OS, I never updated as soon as a new os came out. Many software fall behind because of how fast Mac releases new os’s. Best is to stay a year or 2 behind. If it works it works, no reason to update. Has always been like this and every professional I know that still uses Mac OSX works like this as well.

6 Likes

Totally agree about this, but it’s up to Elektron to communicate this.

1 Like

Isn’t this under the new law enforcement in Germany about advertising products without exact/specific release dates? I know this became an issue for game devs recently, but nevermind “coming soon,” but rather this one says it on my box…

Anyone know how this is being handled in Germany? Just curious…

First time I hear about this… any source? I’m always telling my customers “it’s done whrn it’s done.” and no one ever told me sth. about false advertising.

Serious request: a source would be very nice. TIA.

1 Like

first google result

Apparently started with a Samsung Galaxy pre-order, and went to the high courts of Germany to include all industries, including music/movies/video games. And video game pre-order has become massive in the past decade. Wish the US had some sort of consumer protection in general…

Anyway, looks like the law applies to OverBridge based on the fact that THEY TOOK MONEY for it. I didn’t read the whole thing, but something about announcements not counting, unless they take money. Then they need to deliver ON THE DAY or before. Otherwise there can be fines and penalties. in the comments here

Here is the article they all seem to link back to. I’m sure there’s a more “government” website source, but this is what cursory google searches yielded. Hope this helps!

No one has ever paid anything for overbridge.

At one point there was a proposed premium version of overbridge 2.0 but that was dissolved with one of the delay announcements.

2 Likes

i’ve moved on from Overbridge, don’t care for it. looking forward to DT mk2