Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Yes the Mac user base would really love if only the windows drive was released currently. Because of the massive delay Everyone has to be appeased at this point. It’s unfortunate but that’s the boat elektron put themselves in

1 Like

So they need to delay releasing a working Windows driver if Mac driver doesn’t work?

See rest of post you quoted.

Edit:
Additionally, Ollie informed that 75% of the applicants for overbridge beta testing were Mac users. I doubt elektron want to lose that userbase by releasing the windows driver (without the plugin as well, as that doesn’t seem to be testing yet) ahead of the Mac release. It’s a risk I don’t see being taken.

well it isn’t “working” I guess, as it’s in beta.
It works, in part, for some people.

I shouldn’t have said “It’s working” I realise that’s hugely frustrating.

Have you watched the video by davemech and read the comments by other testers? Seems it’s working fine.

Elektron: Finally!!! Everything with OB is working perfectly!!! Absolutely NO issues!!!

Customer: So can we have it?

Elektron: Nah.

1 Like

Sorry, I was joking, I should have made it more obvious… it was my response to Lemons. It doesn’t make any sense for everything to be just fine & ready to go, yet Elektron just doesn’t want to release it. I guess anything is possible, but I don’t see it.

I would say things are still being worked out, which is why it hasn’t been released yet.

The windows driver is still in beta. It works for most people, but there are still some people reporting minor bugs.

1 Like

What kind of bugs are there still in the Windows driver that prevent releasing it?

this is killing me! can we please get an ETA on the release? will it at least be by November?

Pink and yellow, but mostly inflatable and stylish ones.

They’re not gonna release the driver without the plugin suite, and they have not claimed otherwise. We’re still in phase 1 of testing.

Why not, if it works?

How on earth would we know?

Well how do you know they won’t release the driver without the plugin suite then?

I’m really good at guessing

1 Like

You may very well be.

I just think it’s silly that they seem to have a well working driver for Windows but they refuse to release it even though people have waited for one and a half years for it already…

I would’ve guessed you felt that way aswell.

2 Likes

Cause it doesn’t work fully. Still people reporting bugs. You asked someone what bugs, so obviously you caught that.

Nothing is ever perfect. At some point they need to accept that it’s good enough (and it would be about time!). Minor bugs should not prevent release.

That’s why I asked, what bugs in the current Windows driver are so serious that they can’t release it?

1 Like

Having been out of the Elektron loop for a few months, I upgraded to the latest version of Overbridge and upgraded my Analog Keys and Analog Rytm to the latest firmware. Of course, I saw the warning, but misread it as everything just needing to be on the latest version to be compatible – because what crazy company would issue software and firmware that breaks core functionality without explaining why or for how long?

I assume it’s to do with Overbridge 2.0, but damn - only making device firmware for that available to 2.0 beta testers would be sensible, surely?

So (this may have been answered in the past, but a search doesn’t uncover it), when will Overbridge work with my gear again? Pretty crazy of them to break it, even with a warning.

3 Likes