Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

It not about elektron having their chance, it’s about being respectful to other users here on the forum. Which everyone agreed to upon registering an account here. The user base here is not comprised of elektron employees.

4 Likes

In what way is posting memes disrespectfull?
This is a very busy thread that hasn’t had any new info for months. How realistic is it to expect this to be a clean source of OB news?

If you read through the thread there are many point when new users pop in looking for info an are lost in all the unnecessary nonsense. Even the slight update we received less than a week ago from Simon in this thread is completely lost. But I guess if the thread is flooded with nonsense we can all ignore any type of news and keep complaining. It’s disrespectful not to be considerate of others, especially in an environment where a community is being nurtured.

Memes are not universally funny and some of them were flagged to hidden so someone found some of them disrespectful.

Also this thread isn’t even two months old so no news in months is not accurate.

5 Likes

The why is simple. Their customers are getting angry because elektron sells their products with a promise they fail to meet.

Moreover, if you look at the actions of elektron, they seem to neglect their current customer base (see sparse unofficial updates on OB) and instead focus on new customers (release after release).

Frankly, in the 2 years i own the AR my image of this company has gone down the drain. I’m still waiting for a normal sample management tool if you want to know. Elektron, in all their wisdom, have made it part of the new OB, and i’m still waiting.

1 Like

That update didn’t contain any new information tho.

At some point astroturf becomes indigestible. Beware.

1 Like

The update from Simon told us that there is now office wide testing of ob. This is the type of info people have been asking for but everyone seems to emotional too even acknowledge that there was actual news in his post.

Don’t care how AstroTurf taste or other dumb internet paradigms individuals use to excuse their actions. There are guidelines that everyone agreed to to join the board, civility and respect to the community is something you agreed too to be here.

You’re mad at elektron not at the people on elektronauts, we should all keep that in mind

4 Likes

I think in this respect it has been too little, too late. This thread was already pretty ‘loose’ before Simon made the unofficial announcement.
I mean, i appreciated that he reached out, but it was bound to not have a lot of impact.
The thread at that point already had over 500 posts.

If they release Overbridge and it works you have my word I will never, ever post here again.

2 Likes

Hence back to the point I was making, if all the nonsense like the memes and people being facetious was not there the news would have stood out. Yeah the thread had about 500 post when Simon chimed in but as you said the thread had already been getting loose. This news would not have been lost if people had attempted to stay on topic.

Going from the ob team is trying to figure out what’s wrong to we are testing office wide is actually quite a bit of news.

I don’t have the energy to keep this exchange going, so if you need the last word go ahead, I’m over this discussion.

Nah. :slight_smile:

1 Like
4 Likes

See?

Posting loads of stupid memes gets results!

:wink:

(I jest obviously)

6 Likes

images%20(2)

1 Like

imgur_reaction

And THANKS dev team for getting us here! The closed beta is finally here, cant await final release so the complaining stops and manners return.

9 Likes

r u sure about that?

2 Likes

I wonder if some people are starting to feel silly about raging over the past week that OB is abandonware.

Probs not.

OB is still late for almost a year and we still don’t have eta for public release. Unfortunately it’s not time to feel silly yet… also the term many have used is vaporware, which is different from abandonware.

That said, I think it is good that the closed beta starts and hopefully it means OB will be stable enough for a public release soon - wouldn’t get my hopes up for a public release in the near future though.

I think many people in this thread should have felt silly immediately, but maybe that’s just me.

1 Like

The first Overbridge took over a year to be released after it was announced. It had (I think) 3 working updated versions up to 1.15. v1.15 came out 14 December 2016. There have been no updates since. To date, 569 days.

The second Overbridge doesn’t exist yet. Count me among the people that think this is a bit justified.

You missed the end of the quote there :pl:

Happy announcement day everyone!