Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I’m really curious… I keep seeing the word “promised”. Elektron actually stated that they promise to have OB done by such & such date?

I know I’ve said this soooooooooooo many times, but I don’t get why people buy gear that doesn’t include what they want. Even if it’s supposed to have it “soon”. Why not wait & buy it when it has it? I’m not sticking up for Elektron. I just don’t get the human race sometimes.

Work on your sync then.
Make a hardwarebox master and look on this forum, there are several threads on this.

Search terms: midi sync AR

I bought the the digitakt on the promise of of overbridge last July, and believe me im hurting for it (though i do love the takt as it is). The memes are a nice break from the general sense of negativity on the subject. When theres real news elektron will start a new thread anyways, so why not let people cope through humor. Some of the memes today actually made me laugh, which is a nice change from my normal feelings about overbridge. I get that as a mod (and i have a ton of respect for what you and the other mods do, this forum is wonderful) you want to encourage serious discussion, but theres really nothing left to be said and imo a lighthearted look at the situation is exactly whats needed.

I have full faith in elektron to release the overbridge we’ve all been waiting for, and that release is really the only news worth watching for. Nothing wrong with easing tensions in the meantime.

If you want to encourage discussion, getting all of Simon / Elektrons posts on the subject collected and easily accessible without scrolling through hundreds of other posts would be a step in the right direction.

5 Likes

Well, if you see what @Ess said in his post, he states that there is no trouble with OB on the hardware side. I guess that would be as close to an assertion as anyone who are not working on OB could get. I’m personally a bit negative about the whole debacle, but I do not think that the troubles run as deep as you fear.

2 Likes

How is this on topic??
Je vais te répondre pareil, assez vieux pour avoir 4k $ de produits elektron qui manquent OB. Tout en sachant que le fichier que j’ai partagé à était partagé ici mille fois.

This is not personal details! This is business contact and I am not the first having shared them I’ve seen this million time here. Plus I am not suggesting you contact him about his favorite color only the shortcomings of his company that he should know about, acknowledge and address. I would pay for that feedback is I was CEO

100%

It’s pretty clear what is hateful and what is intended as humour. And in between there’s some “letting off steam”.

It’s not like this thread is a World Consumers & Competition Council inquest, or a Royal Commission into Company Misconduct. We’re just a bunch of idiots, standing in a circle. Smiling politely.

3 Likes

I’d rather have people meme-dumping and lightening up the conversation than people complaining and bickering a bunch in one thread because Elektron can’t deliver.

5 Likes

The meme content of our fellow Elektronauts is something that is just not given sufficient appreciation

7 Likes

I’m a total n00b, and this may have been discussed already, but I don’t understand why Elektron boxes are unable to render parts and/or patterns to .wav files. I’d be more comfortable with that as an option in addition to Overbridge, particularly years down the road when the box still works but Overbridge has ceased to be updated.

Octatrack can record the 8 tracks of a pattern individually, stereo .wav files. :slight_smile:

Oh wow I am being shutdown really hard … Alright! :wink:

Any guesses how many new Elektron boxes will be released until OB is out for Digitakt? I believe at the moment the count is 5.

1 Like

In all fairness, there is only one “new” box. The others are revisions of the old ones. They have manufactured new buttons and screens and can not keep producing the old models with the old parts. And it is understandable that they want to keep selling all those. With that said, I look forward to my holiday to Easter Island on Swine Airlines when OB gets released.

4 Likes

I hate the serious complaints bummer town but I do enjoy the meme’s it def makes me laugh

1 Like

“Elektron actually stated that they promise to have OB done by such & such date?”

well, yes, pretty much, they did.

End of 2017 when I bought it in Nov 2017. Postponed to Feb. Sadly didn’t make it, that’s why there’s no date now.

" I don’t get why people buy gear that doesn’t include what they want. Even if it’s supposed to have it “soon”. Why not wait & buy it when it has it?"

well I have learnt this lesson now for sure.
If there hadn’t been a hard date on it’s delivery I might have been more careful this time.

1 Like

fwiw I am pretty much coming here everyday mostly to see if there’s any news, and the memes and stupidity help me wait.

other people’s mileage may vary obviously.

So that you can learn your way around the machine.
If you trust the company saying ‘soon’ based on previous form it’s not particularly crazy.

When I bought my Analog 4 in October 2014 and they said I’d soon be able to use it seamlessly with my computer via Overbridge I thought ‘Brilliant, I’ll have time to learn it really well on it’s own (which I did) and when OB comes out I can get it properly involved in my setup’. Sadly it still doesn’t work as advertised so doesn’t get used much but at the time I trusted Elektron based on their reputation and previous machines.

1 Like

Why?
Elektron had their chance. There is nothing to discuss.

I say, let’s make a new thread when or if it comes.

I didn’t realise it wasn’t out until I tried to download Overbridge when I bought it end of last year!