Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

lol

Because internal dev logs are boring to read.

1 Like

Maybe to you, but certainly not to everyone. And if they published them, they wouldnā€™t be internal anymore.

I for one donā€™t understand all the secrecy around OB development. Even Simon only mentions things he ā€can sayā€ in his posts. Why canā€™t he/Elektron tell us everything about OB development status? What is the main problem, what is the root cause for it and what is taking so long to rectify the issue?

2 Likes

Status reports, expectation management, sounds like my day job.

I like the whimsy of the wait. Itā€™s like idly wondering if youā€™ll bump into that cutie today.

3 Likes

Like the OB story is sad enough we donā€™t need to be adding powerpoint decks to it

1 Like

I bet elektron employees use keynote instead of powerpoint lol

1 Like

?

It would mean sharing all functionality. Gone is the surprise and the chance to showcase it. And what if interesting functions get thrown out because of issues that canā€™t be fixed ? The outcry would be pretty huge if you see how this thread developed.

It would be a very bad idea. Itā€™s not an open source project.

7 Likes

I write internal patch logs. Trust me, hella boring.

Not to be confused with public release patch logs which are far more exciting.

3 Likes

I must say it amazes me how people here consider being open about the issues a bad thing even after OB is almost a year late with no ETA.

Oh well, we can agree to disagree. But it does not require being open source to be open about the status of a project.

Also, the functionality is already shared - if you expect suprises in addition to what has been shared you will most likely be disappointed.

1 Like

Your patch logs may be boring, but reading about OB development would be very interesting.

Your patch logs may be boring

Shots fired :joy:

9 Likes

:thinking: ā€¦I thought you said it yourself your patch logs are boring. Point was that the subject matter defines if patch logs are interesting or not. Also, dev log is more than a patch log.

Overbridge be like:

7 Likes

This bridge seems functional though. :smirk:

3 Likes
1 Like

For 4000 Euro I would just buy 4 Octatracks and only use two tracks on each in studio mode :content:

7 Likes

DazzlingFineBushbaby-size_restricted

2 Likes

We donā€™t need bridges. Just go faster !
vO7q9P

10 Likes

IF itā€™s permissible, Iā€™d like to know more about the stand-alone/DAWless functionality that was mentioned in an earlier update.
Iā€™m wondering if stand-alone will also provide basic control of the step sequencer, like SoundTower does for DSI synths?

ps: I totally made up that story about the Elektron+CERN.LHC collaboration.

This is a request that sends shivers down any tech related person.

Specific details come across as promises- and if the tech ability is, in any way, overestimated- hellfire, absolute hellfire.

For more information- see Elektrons Overbridge update from February :smiley: