Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

it sure what is being insinuated. surerly you want to hear official news. if the users that want OB take the foot off the pedal then, maybe Elektron will think the users don’t want it.

Share your voice, are you pleased about the status update that really isn’t an update?

If not, say something.

I think it’s fair to assume that at this point they are pretty aware that people want it

8 Likes

What do you call an “authorised statement” though ? I think if Simon posted it, that sounds like he has all the credentials to do so, it’s just not his job and he has other thing to do.
Also, unless you know the inner workings of elektron your assumption their management structure is only speculation. For all you know, they might be a horizontal organization.

Also, I believe office testing is a genuinely good news, and I don’t get why you dismissed it.

Office testing just means it’s in a state good enough to be “used”. Because, maybe you missed it but last time it was in a state where major issues were preventing any usage and those issues were big enough that there was nothing more to be said about the future of OB.
Which means, that now an ETA doesn’t seem so far fetched (though I’m not getting my hopes up about one, let’s be real), or atleast that the major blocking issues have been resolved to a degree that the future of OB isn’t in jeopardy.

Of course I’m only extrapolating from the various comments but it doesn’t seem like an unreasonable assumption.

1 Like

Please let’s keep a friendly tone, avoid ad hominem attacks and make this place the best we hope.
I do believe everything has been said on such topic, I suggest we try avoiding repetition (unless it’s made with music).

:person_in_lotus_position:

5 Likes

this thread is so fun to watch :popcorn: :joy::clap::popcorn:

7 Likes

That’s correct because no word has spoken about Overbridge. But it’s fun to watch when it comes to the subject of the Roland MX-1. You see him thinking and he is very careful in his choice of words. However the MX-1 connectivity goes via USB for the Aira line. So “if” Elektron would develop such thing like of a performance mixer they would obviously use USB Overbridge technology…

Also i’m just adding up different interviews in history that Cenk did.
Here a example that i remember:

Just about the status of Overbridge and what are ‘a few new features? at 6:17’ or are these just like a advanced back-up system?:

Bottom line, these are not only my own wishes.

Honestly i understand frustration… as i am frustrated too.

I have also had a lot of work in recent months and i have been less present on the forum. But i come less also because no one feeds the forum to ensure a better balance between positive / interesting rather maintain the negativity on the “sensible” topics of the moment. It’s a bit like the comments on youtube. A lot of criticism but better to suggest things or do it themselves rather than criticize. As I’m not interesting by modular or gear gaz… There’s less thread I want to participate these days…

I know we are all capable of better. Few people are active on every ground and that’s those folks who make the Elektronauts such a good place. Polute or react only on fragments doesn’t give Life/Fun/Make Interesting … the place. So if the place is important to you as it is for me :wink: you know what to do, think before posting. And post on different aspects to make the forum a better place for everyone.

6 Likes

When I had my DT I bitched pretty often about OB. I even made a YT video about it, as a warning to new customers looking to buy their machines BECAUSE of Overbridge. This was when Elektron was still fully advertising it on their websites and their vendor’s websites. I was mad that they were advertising something that wasn’t even close to available yet. The only reason I got my DT in the first place was because it was to be released in February. I traded it off, went back to my DAW and have been without it for a few months now.

After Superbooth when they FINALLY took off their “Enabled For Overbridge” and “Seamless DAW integration” from their Website, and vendors like Sweetwater changed their site to say “Overbridge will be Available at a later date” I just stopped caring honestly. That’s what I was really mad about. I was mad that they were selling a product that does not exist at this point, and I was a sucker who bought into it.

Now that it’s been a while, I really miss my DT. I let my judgement get the better of me. And seeing negative posts about it definitely didn’t help either. I even had to unlist my YT video because even though it got a pretty great response and I saved some people from frustration, all the bickering and personal attacks people were throwing at each other just made everything much too negative and that’s not what my channel is about.

I truly get the frustration, but sometimes the best thing to do is just walk away from the situation. Stop reading posts about OB, stop thinking about OB period. Evaluate these machines for what they are right now. If the machine isn’t worth not having OB, get rid of it like I did. If you’re perfectly capable of making music on the machines as they are without OB, then keep it and don’t even think about OB.

Don’t be like me. Don’t let your frustrations stop you from using these wonderful boxes. Every time you think about OB just make beats instead.

23 Likes

From a week ago

I find the problem with why people are angry is because Elektron promised a date to when OB would be available so people anxiously waited for that day to arrive and once it did they announced it wasn’t ready. The problem now is they are not giving us a new projected date this is why people are more upset. This has happened to me with other companies when they schedule certain updates and it doesn’t happen. I wish they would stop promising a date and just surprise us. Just my opinion.

1 Like

They are literally doing that now. There is no specified date at this point in time which they have said a few times.

I don’t think they’ll provide an ETA about it. I think they’re just going to release and announce it. Seems like the wiser choice anyway.

And on that day- I’ll sample Etta James “At last”, jam it out, and record it with Overbridge :heart:

5 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, there’s no point in teasing the release anymore.

Let’s make that the first OB mission brief and count me in ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was tryin to stay out of typing in this thread, but great post DataStrain.

Not only your points on the negativity, but you actually DID something about it. You made a video to warn other people, you traded off the gear in question & it sounds like you learned from the experience.

1 Like

It was definitely a learning experience. I miss the DT dearly and once OB is out I’ll definitely give it another chance. Hell, even if it isn’t out I might get it again permitting I have the available funds. It’s a great machine with or without OB, hands down.

3 Likes

love it.

day it comes out, remix competition to see who can sample this the best?

:wink:

You can do what you want, I’m gonna sample “At Last”

3 Likes

fair enough!

I got my source material locked in.

1 Like
3 Likes