Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

You’re in the loop already, the last update was not that long ago.

You mean March 22?

Yet 3 months is unacceptable? What else do you expect them to say except “still working on it”, which they obviously are?

3 Likes

Dude, if you don’t care about status updates don’t follow this thread. I’m saying I’d like updates more frequently and with a bit more info than “working on it”…

1 Like

I’m planning to retire in 15 years’ time… :no_mouth:

1 Like

What about “Still working hard on it, we found a new bug” every 2 weeks ? :slight_smile:
After Swedish summer holidays of course.

Apologies for the lack of updates! (Again, I have to stress that it’s not my responsibility at Elektron to manage the community, or post updates and such. Don’t mean to be rude, just explain my absence.)

Status remains the same - we’re working on it, full force. Really sorry for the lackluster reply, I’m not terribly happy about it either… Hrm, well I can say (I think) that we have been doing a lot of internal testing lately, so it’s getting there.

I saw some post earlier expressing concerns that we have an issue on the hardware level, implying that the hardware itself might have an issue running the protocol. I just want to clarify that such is not the case.

58 Likes

That is the best update to (up)date!

I didn’t have my concerns with hardware capability- on account that the RYTM already streamed 8 tracks- so y’all know what you’re doing.

Thanks Simon!

I’m okay I’d prefer the delay instead of a rushed software. The hardwares are pretty damn good anyway.

Since you’re here, a quick question! Why not release overbridge for octatrck?

The Octatrack was not built with Overbridge in mind, so the hardware makes it unrealistic to say the least.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update Simon really appreciated.

Thanks for replying Simon and good to hear you guys are making progress!

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but… THE Dave Angel?!
as in https://www.discogs.com/artist/88-Dave-Angel

1 Like

some news is good news or is old news really news?

forgive my pessimism but this isn’t really an update, if it’s not your responsibility, Simon, should you actually be speaking on behalf of the company and who’s responsibility is it to give an update?

It has been some months now since the last official ‘Overbridge Status Update’. OB was a big part of my buying consideration and i’m starting to think that this silence means that, at best, no one has an idea what they are doing at Elektron or worse, there was no formal development plan in place before the end of 2017.

Of course, there will be those that will jump over this post, defending your products and your company but i entered into an agreement with you based on the features promised, I, the buyer, Elektron, the provider. That agreement basically outlined that Elektron would supply OB by the end of 2017 and I would give you some money.

Giving OB away for free at a later date didn’t change the original agreement.

I’ve sent multiple requests to Elektron, the company and have had pretty much the same (copy and paste) statement that you have posted.

so, Simon, this isn’t really news is it.

2 Likes

why shoot the voluntary messenger ??

If Simon never posts again, i could totally relate.

The plain negative vibe some people bring to the table is just aweful imo.

14 Likes

cmon guys enjoy your hardware, make some music, drink some fresh cocktails, overbridge is not coming before september !!!

8 Likes

thats great news, Simon! You can hook me up if you need extra beta testers outside of your office, I’d be glad to help.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update Simon. Really appreciate you taking the time to do this even though it’s not your job. Hearing that there’s no issue relating to the hardware is comforting. Looking forward to the release:)

That raises the question: Who is responsible at Electron for managing the community and post updates and such?
And why is that person not communicating?

4 Likes

Thanks for the update Simon. :slight_smile:

1 Like