Status update on Overbridge

lol ok, enjoy!

Serious. Cant wait till all this shit goes ether, ONE fucking wire routable ANYWHERE. or better yet. Wireless!

Wires are a fucking mess
Done with that shit. Killing my mixer cut my wire hell in half!

Also losing a bunch gear helped too :frowning:

Well, I am with you on the hatred of wire clutter. But… it’s sometime a necessary evil, no? All it takes is a look at setups thread on here or gearslutz, etc. All these glorious pedals and rack units and old analog boards. That’s some incredible sounding, hands-on, fun boxes that feel mighty lonely if you just plug straight into Ableton, or user’s DAW of choice. Think of the children damn it!

No pedals here. Prefer boxes to patchbay. Less junk kicking about. More funtionality on rack fx + well mapped controller. :slight_smile:

Yes wires sadly ARE a neccessary evil. But cmon…lets move forward.

Haha, okay then. I’ll take the multi-out Digitakt Pro in 2020 and you can have your totally wireless Digitakt Pro mkII in 2024. :grinning:

Tite!

of course what you are staying is correct, to a point. i was informed that the Digitakt was ‘Overbridge Enabled’. I checked the website to read more about this function, sounded great.

What i didn’t know is that the Digitakt needed a firmware upgrade and Overbridge 2.0 hadn’t launched.

My bad, i should have delved deeper into the wording on the Elektron website.

This was my first purchase of Elektron, i had no idea of the past issues with Overbridge 1. If the website (and reviews) had been clearer about the Overbridge 2 status my decision to purchase would have been more informed.

After my purchase I realised OB2 wouldn’t be released until late 2017. I was prepared to wait. Then we had an update informing the release would be Feb2018, this has passed. Now we have nothing.

I do use the machine everyday, I jam on it, do improvised live performance. It’s great fun. What i would like to do is record the live performance using the promised 8 outputs and tidy up the recording, make some adjustments in the DAW and share a finished project with others. That’s my workflow. That’s why OB2 is important to me.

DT is no pro grade sampler.

• Mono
  • No ind. Outs.
  • Other minor things

Maybe that is it: expectations in a thing without proper info gathering before buying.

I’ m not saying DT is not a great piece of gear. Just not what some who bought it expect it be be.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

So, any status update on Overbridge ?

Yes, it will be released on the 32nd.

Just pretend I’m an Elektron official, because they’ll tell you the same thing:

We’re still working hard on Overbridge- it’s our top priority. We understand and are sorry for your frustration. We are doing everything within our abilities to bring Overbridge to you as soon as possible

This question wasn’t expecting any ( serious ) answer but thanks anyway…

meanwhile, on the 32nd:

I respectfully disagree on these points.

-mono yes, but it’s specifically a drum sampler, and other than overheads (and even then, not always) drums are tracked in mono. it can handle larger melodic/harmonic samples but this is mostly an add on feature…geared toward a certain crowd of stoned bedroom composers/youtube stars.
-Sure it doesn’t have Ind. outs, but it will once OB is released. So that’s that.
-all pieces of gear have minor annoyances. key word ‘minor’

lol

Respectfully :

Because it’s mono ? :smile:
Because it’s written on it ?
I think you can use a sampler as you like.

Mine slapped me on the wrist when I tried to load it with a guitar sample…

My dt doesn’t mind the ridiculously long samples I throw into it. I guess there are those that adhere to labels on the box and some that don’t.

Lucky…