Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

My dt doesn’t mind the ridiculously long samples I throw into it. I guess there are those that adhere to labels on the box and some that don’t.

4 Likes

Lucky…

1 Like

Gnihihihihi

But seriously. of course you can disagree on my point, but as @sezare56 correctly states: a sampler is a sampler. There is no thing as a drum sampler.

And what really annoys on mono sampling is loosing the room information of the reverbs.
Sure you can apply the internal (really good obviously) reverb but then you have to use absolutely dry samples.

Having multi outs only in software for me and I think a good portion of producers sets the line in the prosumer segment. Even the OT lacks a good count, but 4 is better than nothing.

Do not get me wrong, the DT is a fine machine, great user interface once understood, top entry to the elektron world. One can do sick stuff with it. But without the possibillity to sample in stereo, it mostly is a better drum computer wirh mono samlping capability.

1 Like

Yep. I agree.

Just curious if I was missing something.
Apparently I’m not :upside_down_face:

Oh yeah, bad on Elektron for their shady marketing. I agree with that.

I just hope at least some of the people that are upset about it, learn from the experience (do research & don’t trust marketing). Unless you don’t want to :upside_down_face:

Well the lesson I learned is never to buy another Elektron product because they are poor at delivering on their advertising.

6 Likes

i think it’s a professional level drum sampler, but it’s also a lot more than that.

Whatever suits you best.
Du hast Recht und ich meine Ruhe, that’s what my grandmother used to say.

2 Likes

The sampler is only as pro as the user.

9 Likes

Burns.

Is Volca Sample a pro sampler ? :content:

I think we get it dude…

4 Likes

having gotten rid of your elektron stuff you can probably stop putting so much energy/time into this thread and have a bit more fun making music.

20 Likes

I have to say, OB was a one of the reasons that I bought the DT …Jeez, never thought it would take this long…But on a positive note, the MKii’s came out soon after and I scored a mint OT MK1 for cheap trying to replace the Ableton functionality…Thank god! The OT is such a blast when you push through the initial learning curve…and I like working with it better than Ableton. When I want to use VST’s I just trigger midi tracks in Ableton and re-sample back into the OT…Live. You can do the same thing with the DT, and the DT has USB midi. At this point I’m not really worried about OB. I’ll wait for it, use the DT as is. When it comes out I’ll watch the shitstorm of bugs and complaints and wait until it’s stable…If ever. Good luck kids. Keep you chin up. Look both way before you cross the street.

5 Likes

But the Volca isn’t even a sampler really…if you can’t actually sample with it. Kind of like the Circuit. It can play what you put into it. But, whatever. Semantics.

It all comes down to doing the best you can with what you have. I saw a kid in Mexico play for an hour…a really good noisy set, with just a Korg Volca and a distortion pedal.

2 Likes

1 Like

i’ve learnt not to buy anymore Elektron products until at least Overbridge has been released.

from your posts I gather you don’t really care about Overbridge 2, it’s not part of your workflow, maybe! You are hardware and not software, old skool!

so i am curious, why are you posting so much on this forum thread “status update on Overbridge”?

reading your posts on this thread it would appear, and i’m trying to be gentle with this observation, that you are riding a very high horse, tut-tuting at all those that aren’t as informed as you are. just an observation!

True to a degree. But professionals don’t use SK5s for example but sparingly, for effect. The feature set is too limited. I let my kiddo play with mine. When she’s a teenager I’ll buy her an SP404 off craigslist.

Back on topic, I’ve come full circle on Overbridge. At first, as an early DT investor I was annoyed. But look - they are working on it. If at some point Elektron makes an about face and says “hey…it’s just not possible actually” well then there will be hell to pay, and deservedly so. But I think, I mean, look at their products, they are all cutting edge digitally controlled hardware. I believe they have the talent to figure it out. And if not, well, oh well.

Autechre used a Casio SK-1

5 Likes