Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Okay. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

This thread is going nowhere.
Temptation for anyone that is curious to learn more about any update on OB, it has become the thread that produces the most flags. One-to-one sterile fights, off-topic conversations, this is now the most annoying thread there is on this board, I believe.

A new thread will be created once there are actual news about OB.
I am closing this one, thinking I’m doing a favor for everyone!

Cheers

LD

30 Likes

Any update on how this is going or how close it is to being released?

many many more miles to go!

Just curious. How is the beta? Any testers here? Does Elektron release uptdates frequently?

If somebody knows is electron going lunch out overbridge?
Why is such a hard to connect ableton with octatrack , when this last one is overprised itesm .

The hardware of Octatrack is outdated to work w/OB. Been discussions too many of times, guessing you missed it?

Overbridge will launch when it does - nobody knows and it’s only part way through the beta steps, so not too soon

It’s nothing to do with Octatrack as said

Thread will be merged elsewhere

having trouble connecting rytm 2 and overbridge

OB for AR2 is in beta just now

hello friends, when I bought the Elektron products it was because of the total integration that they promised, at that time I did not know the problem with the development of the AU plugin, now after almost a year of waiting I feel cheated and defrauded with this company and I am thinking in denouncing the store that sold me their products.
AR, AF, OCT, ditone, analog heat.
I know that developing a product like an overbridge is not easy but you can not sell it before you have it.

1 Like

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before - I’m not in the OB private beta (obviously). I have an A4 Mk2, Analog Keys, Digitakt and a Rytm MK2 (I love this setup btw). Are the OB drivers in private beta currently available for all of these machines? I.e. is the plan to roll out OB support for all Elektron units at the same time once the beta is over - or is there focus on specific units at the moment?

I assume the drivers work independently from the DAW plugin? Im mainly interested in streaming tracks to my daw atm.

Thanks in advance

I would assume nothing. OB has been a clusterfuck.

Not sure on this one but it would seem from the noise being made that Digitakt is getting the initial focus (Windows version). I’m sure they are all being worked on though and appear to be going through Beta phases (sorting the audio driver then standalone, then vst, etc).

The recent DT video looked very encouraging though.

Bottom line, don’t hold your breath and dont fret about it. It’s gonna happen but none of us can tell you how soon. It genuinely wouldnt surprise me if it ends up being beyond next Summer for all products to have their full OB enabled.

Hi,
I can’t wait to try out the new OS WITH Overbridge.
Is there any news / update about the release!

Thanks in advice.

OB2 will be definitely be compatible with Rytm MK1, but it is currently in a multi-step beta testing process, there are many sperate components to the OB2.0 software suite: Mac/Windows audio soundcard drivers, and the VST/au plugins, etc …so the testing and solidifying of the whole shebang is a long process but IS taking place as we speak, in a closed beta testing group. It’s hard to say how far along they are, but certain components have been finished.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I hope I can get a beta or rc version soon!
Is there any way to get a pass for the beta test? I’m a more or less weekly OB user with Rytm and Ableton Live on PC Win 10 64 bit.

beta testing group signup window closed a while back.

1 Like

okay. np