Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

if they do that, lets all book flights to Gothenburg and protest

1 Like

Hate to say it, but if Elektron doesnt give us what we want by Superbooth, I am going to lose my shit haha

5 Likes

not trying to stir the pot, but i found this quote on the Elektron website, Who We Are section -

ā€œAnd itā€™s not just the hardware. Outside of the machines, the award-winning Overbridge software suite fully integrates compatible Elektron instruments with computers ā€“ efficiently and intuitively.ā€

i was wondering about what awards Overbridge has won?

on a personal note, i am tired of waiting for my Digitakt to connect with the laptop. I did buy the Digitakt because of this feature.

3 Likes

It won two design awards (see icons on the Elektron Overbridge page).

One of them:

1 Like

Starting to seriously think about how much longer I should wait before selling my DTā€¦ Without overbridge, Iā€™m less and less interested by it as time goes by

1 Like

A source suggests itā€™ll be ready to ship in May. I guess weā€™ll see!

1 Like

I really hope that they manage to release a working Overbridge for all of the those users who are eagerly awaiting it. My worry is that it is not possible to offer all of the functions which Overbridge aspires to over USB. Perhaps Elektron should consider reducing the spec whilst ensuring that the remaining functions work properly and that the system is solid. Iā€™d personally rather have a working something that a not working everything.

Anyways, good luck to the guys at Elektron. I hope for your and your customers sake that you manage to sort it all out.

1 Like

Did the source say what year?

11 Likes

How about what we have now, which is nothing but a sales pitch for something that doesnā€™t exist

3 Likes

then they better show something @ superbooth. Cenk should wear a T-Shirt with text printed on, that explains the current status of ob, otherwise he will have to answer the same question over and over again :wink:

6 Likes

Lol imagine all of elektronauts goes to superbooth to ask haha

1 Like

Donā€™t you think we should all get our money back?
I mean I bought Digitakt MOSTLY of itā€™s OB compatibility.
Now i would go for an used octatrack MK1, or stayed with my MPC as i NEED separate outputs.

On the box itā€™s says ā€œcompatible with Overbridgeā€.
What the ā€¦ Elektron???
You basically LIED the customers. Itā€™s not ok in terms of the law within UEā€¦

2 Likes

Itā€™s not just on my Digitakt boxā€¦

Itā€™s on the front page of the website!!!

2 Likes

come on guys, at least now we got a compressor (lol)

3 Likes

im sure its just a coincidence that today 3 DTā€™s were listed in my area.

3 Likes

Damn you guys are ungrateful
Surely that makes up for it :joy:

2 Likes

ā€œA compressor??? Man, my DT is junk now!ā€

2 Likes

ā€œOverbridge is officially not going to happen- please enjoy this compressorā€

10 Likes

Preorderedā€¦:joy:
I just sent Elektron a blank checkā€¦ :rofl:
I love fanboysā€¦

Oh nevermind, I thought we were talking framboiseā€¦
I love framboise. Thatā€™s what I always thought folks were taking aboutā€¦ What the hells a fanboy?

I got excited and thought Elektron was putting out a new flavorā€¦ Oh wellā€¦
Guess Iā€™ll just Overpour me an ol raspberry and forget about itā€¦

14 Likes

OK bye :slight_smile:

4 Likes