Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

5 Likes

as long as they don’t forget the rytm MKII bug fixes i’m a patient man.

Simple question, can’t find clear answer, hope somebody knows, will overbridge v2 work for mk1 machines or will it be only for mk2s, digitak and digitone?
Also, is elektron ever planning to release project manager or not? all the projects I have on hardware needs to be managed somehow, right now it’s not possible to do it in a comfturable way :frowning: . Just think about how powerful it whould be if we could build projects from our existing kits+patterns.(No I am not talking about song mode) (God please maybe there is a way but I am not aware, all I want to do is manage my existing projects by copying kit+pattern from one project to another)

Please elektron, I suffer from artistic adhd and I need some kind of project manager badly, I am sure I am not the only one, this kind of tool will really help people prepare for their live hardware performances.

Short version: Will OB v2 be compatible with mk1 gear?is project manager from elektron just a dream?

Just side note- rytm mk1 users been waiting for sample transfer app for almost 4 years. I am overly tired of using c6 app from 2012 on drum machine I paid much $ for :frowning:

Wait till Super Booth :wink:

Yep I just saw that forum topic and it all made sense, elektron is going to wait for big event to tell a mass of people what a great company they are for finally releasing something they promised years ago. But I have feeling that project manager for elektrons will have to be something that the commuunity will have to create, personally I’d pay up to 100$ for program that could help me organize my projects across all of my elektrons(kit+pattern copy from project to project) but no way I’d pay elektron that money, [I am not lying’oops I am’]there is just so much past negative experience with elektron software,[as we know](except for c6) that’s why selling overbridge separately didn’t work out, it’s not only because people already bought machines that are overbridge enabled but because there isn’t much positive feedback about overbridge v1, and possibly because elektron realized that if they sell overbridge it will actually have to work as advertised. God I just hope that digitak users are not going to get hit by same usb bandwidth issue like rytm mk1 users did, and I don’t even own digitak I just feel for all the owners and I don’t want elektron to close down. Wow actually I have to be making music instead of writing here.

1 Like

Got rid of my DT. If Elektron get their act together with OB then maybe I’ll consider coming back to it but easier/better to sit on the sidelines for now rather than be invested I feel. I think it’s possible there may be deeper issues with bringing OB to market, technical stuff that may end up being problematic. Perhaps bandwidth, who knows. Again, just my feeling but at least on the sidelines you get to observe how it pans out.

1 Like

Will the Overbridge delay extend the device warranty? Curious how this usually works, since there are hardware features that currently is inaccessible/untestable.

1 Like

Sorry could not resist this one. Apologies for my limited scanning abilities.

2 Likes

Cool! Devo Boogie Boy
Devo | In The Beginning Was The End | THE TRUTH ABOUT DE EVOLUTION

1 Like

Yes, same question here: I spent 1300 Euros for a device which does not provide me all promised functionality. I would kindly ask to extend my warranty from the moment on all promised features are there.

3 Likes

They already offer 3 year warranty which is more than most companies give (Behringer being the only other audio company I think that does this). I am pretty sure they won’t offer extended warranty after OB has released.

I am also pretty sure OB won’t ever be as stable as dedicated audio interfaces are. At this point, it might be smart to just forget about OB on mk2/Digi devices and consider them feature-complete as they are.

At this point, it might be smart to just forget about OB on mk2/Digi devices and consider them feature-complete as they are.

Except not, because it is advertised like so. All the current discontent comes from that.

4 Likes

Same. DT gone back to retailer for me.
I’d have been happy with just VST total recall and editing.

Wait, what? Digitone isn’t supported by overbridge? I bought mine with an overhub yesterday reading the big banner on the Elektron website reading “compatible with overbridge”. That’s pretty stupid. I can always wait, but I can fully understand people being pissed off. False advertising indeed.

8 Likes

Elektron are still in business? Hmmmm

Especially since on the Digitone box it shows it as being released.Which is actually shocking to me because you’d think after 8 months of people complaining about where’s overbridge you’d think they would have learned their lesson. Sadly, they did not. As long as people keep buying the product their marketing department will still get a free pass to lie to customers.

So how do you guys think OB will be implemented with the Digitone/Digitakt? I know there will be streaming audio, but are there any clues for how it might approach song structure, pattern changes, and automation?

1 Like

If it’s anything like the previous versions, it’ll be VST/AU control over the device parameters that don’t include the sequencer. Automation would have to be done in the DAW. FWIW the way I used it was still sequencing on the hardware, and then using overbridge to stream tracks and and for parameter control, a quick way to load up the sound pool, audition sounds and mix.

2 Likes

Overbridge is coming at the inverse of Ludicrous Speed! :joy:

2 Likes

Booji Boy 4 life