Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

We were both wrong, I thought 2008 as that was when the first teaser trailer came out for it, but it was actually 2010 according to their website. Regardless, that doesn’t change the fact that the device’s sound engine sounds dated compared to the Digitakt. When I had the OT MKI and MKII I was really fighting to get it to sound as good as my other Elektron gear.

As with anything, it depends on the style you’re doing. I tend to make really dark music to begin with so I find dark really plate like reverbs to be too much. I prefer brighter, warmer reverbs as a contrast to the darker sounds so it doesn’t get too muddy. All a matter of taste though.

Yes actually right at the end of 2010, I got mine 17th December 2010 but they were only released to beta testers in 2010 and didn’t actually start shipping properly until 2011, but yes 2010 as far as the first appearance.

1 Like

You cannot rely on Overbridge releases. Since the first version, it’s always delayed or has less features than announced.

Maybe but daw integration is a big selling feature in the modern hardware world where people run hybrid setups. For now though, I’d be happy with just the multitrack streaming so i can properly mix my tracks.

I thought that sabana was maybe referring to the production capabilities and workflow limitations within the OT rather than storage capabilities. I’m happy enough working without the DAW - production quality is fine for my purposes!

1 Like

Waiting is so boring you guys

1 Like

I simply stopped waiting and it feels much better now :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting on starting to wait, haven’t had time to wait, keep putting it off…
Now I think I just won’t even do it… :joy:

1 Like

Elektronauts - “Making Waiting for Overbridge Fun Since 2017”
(buy one now!)

2 Likes

multitrack streaming please !!!

doesnt care about this useless ovebridge plugin.

2 Likes

My waiting for OB is over: I am sorry DT maybe later we meet under different circumstances.

For now - and the foreseeable decade - I decided to start dating your big sister La OT.

1 Like

Well, that’s one of the purposes of Overbridge, soooo…

1 Like

I want total daw integration, and total recall !! But the overbridge plugin ? nah, useless.

2 Likes

perhaps it’ll appear at superbooth ?
but it seems to be quite late , i expected it to be a few weeks or so…not months (going from the end of feb date)

Please Guys!
I need Overbrodge in my life right now :frowning:

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: “Total Recall”

I’m still getting the hang of my digi-duo, so OB isn’t quite as urgent for me, but given the hype and magical aura of Elektron, I wonder if we, once it finally does come out, will all be surprised with a revolutionary interface that sets a new standard for hardware/DAW integration?

1 Like

arrangement mode!

Hah, cheers dude. I was responding to someone elses comment. Im totally happy with octa and do use the arrranger mode - it’s really useful - love having text an pg’s on rytm an a4!