Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Overbridge, Overbridge, wherefore art thou Overbrigde?
Deny thy Machinedrum and refuse thy Octatrack.
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I’ll no longer be Ableton.
‘Tis but thy name that is my enemy:
Thou art thyself, though not an Elektron.
What’s Elektron? It is nor drum machine nor sampler
Nor synth nor fx nor any other part
Belonging to a DJ. O be some other name.
What’s in a name? That which we call a Synthesizer
By any other name would sound as sweet;
So Overbridge would, were he not Overbridge call’d,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Overbridge, doff thy name,
And for that name, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

11 Likes

Hungry now. Thanx.

3 Likes

Welcome to the sausage factory.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You guys spend way to much of your time worrying in this thread instead of just getting on with making music :wink::wink:

3 Likes

Oh man, when we were young … :smiley: … this song (not the video) aged very well.

1 Like

Well, i use overbridge with my Rytm mk1 on a daily basis.:wink:

6 Likes

Kinda makes me regret buying an MKII. Especially with how cheap MKI’s are on the market right now. The only thread I’m hanging on to is that I’ll be able to stream all 10 tracks (8 individual outs, 2 mains) and not have to pick and choose when Overbridge is finally released. Then again, saving 1k Canadian…

Latency is not good on Mk1’s, one of the reasons I don’t use it… I have coaxed it into being pretty low by combining it in an aggregate with an interface at high sample rate, but still. Also you’ll be able to stream all channels and have faster total recall/automation…

Supposed to be improved with Mk2’s… I would love to have cv on my AR too!

-note: announcement pre-Digitone

1 Like

On that topic, i really hope they release overbridge for the digitone at the same time as the rest. As an aside I think if what someone else said is true and they are indeed rewriting the overbridge code from scratch that’s a good thing because that makes Elektron lightyears better than DSI who abandons support for products that are still currently being produced and sold.

They are, Simon said…
I could quote it, but I am an Eleltronauts official statement reference quoter, stuf stays lodged in my brain…
You can trust me… :smiley: My brother has a photographic memory, he remembers everything I’ve ever said from 30 some years ago, and you can tell him any line from a classic TV show and he’ll tell you all the next lines… :joy:

“Dude, what’s mine say?”

3 Likes

Not sure where your goin? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Your not official so I don’t remember your stuff… I’m not my brother… :joy:
My brother when I see him every few years is like, remember April 16 1987, when Mom said this and then you said that and then… :joy: seriously, it’s weird and amazing…
Tell him any line from Leave it To Beaver, The Golden Girls, a bunch of other shows, and he’ll tell you the next line and the whole rest of the shows dialog if you want… :smiley:

Oh, I guess I just have different ideas of what classics are :smiley:
Seriously though, you don’t know that quote?

1 Like

I was born in 78 my friend… I know how to google though, I don’t know where your cars at! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

81 here, but I still call that movie a classic!
My sister would get genuinely angry at me for watching it so much. It’s so uncharacteristic of me too, because I normally cannot stand to watch any movie more than once.

Oh yeah, Overbridge something mumble mumble mumble…

1 Like

Over what? I’m over it! :joy::joy::joy:
I remember the name of the movie and the time when it came out and it was popular, somehow just never saw it…

I don’t know why it wouldn’t be enough to create full tracks : up to 8m30s recording, internal resampling.
Many albums were made with 8 tracks tape recorders.

Octatrack mkI was released in 2011, 7 not 10 years ago, the dark reverb was added in 2013 FYI.

One thing with the OT fx is that you need to pay attention to the settings, the dark reverb whilst not quite as sophisticated as DT/A4/AR reverbs is capable of sounding very nice, I believe @AdamJay did a comparison of the Elektron reverbs which is worth checking out.

1 Like

Dark Verb is awesome IMO. As I’ve been playing with the AR mkII, there’s been a few times I wish I had it as an option. Great for long dubby stuff.