Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Quick question. Sorry if this is not a simple one to answer, but I can’t find the info anywhere.

Is overbridge working with the Analog Rytm mkII to a reasonable degree with a few small bugs or is it a waste of time to even try it out?

Definitely a waste of time as it doesn’t exist yet

1 Like

OK thank you.

Now I understand all the ire about Overbridge.

I was confused because the status post at the top said next version to Overbridge. I wasn’t counting on the fact that there is no Overbridge for the Rytm mkII to update. That’s a little bit misleading then.

1 Like

It reads “status update” as in “when, in hell, does it finally come?

And, yeah, none of the MKII models works with Overbridge yet (only the old ones). Kind of a pity, but at least the ARMKII and A4MKII have separate outs.

There is a town named Hell in my home state of Michigan, and it is indeed frozen over right now, I checked the weather, so… .???

6 Likes

Haha

1 Like

Not too far from Hell myself – and it’s a beautiful day here today – so Hell is melting, at least in Michigan.

I’m wondering though when Spring comes to Hell, Sweden?

Note

There is a Hell Norway and a Helsinki Finland – so there must be a Hell-something in Sweden – and i bet it’s not too far from Gothenberg, at least for a small group of software engineers and testers.

3 Likes

Misleading is an understatement. It’s been repeated her multiple times that there have been people buying current gen product (digitakt, A4MKII, ARMKII, digitone) being new to the company, and going off information provided on the company website only to be disappointed that half of the promised features aren’t actually available. It’s been 2 years I’ve been buying Elektron, starting with the A4MKI, and then the ARMKI and so I know what it’s like to have the VST available to just quickly load souunds into the sound pool, to quickly dial in sounds for sound design, or save patches. Also state recall to project. So this wait is excrutiatingly painful for me. I’m not big into menu diving so going back to doing everything on the hardware has been a challenge.

Even just being able to use the devices as audio interfaces and to be able to stream individual tracks would do so much for me in terms of making a proper mix down in Ableton. The wait continues, the frustrations pile up. I have no doubt they are stressed to the max over at Elektron trying to get this thing out and working, but in the meantime their reputation suffers because of poor marketing decisions and a failure to properly set expectations, which wasn’t an issue with the first gen because they weren’t sold as including overbridge, originally, they were sold as complete boxes. Overbridge was a bonus that came unexpected and later.

4 Likes

We’re still literally crossing the river by foot over ice, between the islands and the mainland, so Hell’s fury hasn’t quite reached us yet.

2 Likes

OK, it’s been over a month since this last status update. What are we waiting for - another 30 days to go by so that we are measuring the wait in MONTHS?

Please, people have been reasonably patient in spite of the frustration. For the greater good Elektron, please do right by your customers and let us know WTF is going on and provide a target date for Overbridge. As with any project, there be some internal dates and a roadmap for this project. As paying customers, we have a stake in it and it’s time to share some MEANINGFUL information with us.

7 Likes

They didn’t even yet bother to update the website, I wonder if anyone is even at the office.

6 Likes

If anybody is at the office, they obviously don‘t feel any urge whatsoever to communicate with their paying customers about things they owe them and still don‘t deliver.

I‘m completely done with the utterly contemptuous behavior of this company towards those who bought their gear in good faith.

5 Likes

You probably need a bit more patience and wait for music messe in the begining of April. I am sure they are working hard to get it ready befor this major event.

Cant wait till it will be published and based on my experience with Elektron they will only deliver good stuff and I am happy to pay/wait for development of their products.

1 Like

Just got my DT and realized someone cheated on me with OB!

I‘m realy not claiming a delay! This seems normal due to many things to realize …
What kills me is the fact that i felt like getting a fully working unit!
If they spell words like „seamless computer intergration“ i‘m not questioning if it‘s already working!
Elektron you think you can do it that way without getting into trouble?!

Right now i also realised that i can‘t backup the samples i‘ve been recording with DT! R u f… kidding us!?
You need some help with this or is this just massfooling?

28 days left to return my unit and i will do if there‘s no working OB!

Something‘s wrong with that company!

6 Likes

Yes, can we please get some update? @Olle @Ess

It almost the end of March…

7 Likes

I’d return it immediately - and I share your feelings.

It’s annoying that one has to go digging in forums to find out that false information led you to an errant purchase.

At this point BUYER BEWARE - Overbridge has a real possibility of NEVER happening.*

*my like, opinion man

2 Likes

You can get them very cheap right now as 2nd hand, but do they really work with an actual osx?

can AR MK1 transfer samples in both ways with OB1? :thinking: i remember when a friend mentioned some years ago that AR MK1 will get a proper sample transfer tool, as i shocking realise now, users waiting since years for a function like this and nothing happened … :scream::thinking::face_vomiting::fu:t2:

somehow i also feel like OB and a transfer tool will never happen!
it‘s like shitting users directly into their face and leaving them without any comment …

i feel really sad for guys waiting such a long time!
can‘t imagine how i would feel with a fully loaded +drive and even if i want to sell it i would loose all of my samples!

is there any movement against this?
i‘m sure after so many years there must be a couple of users which are not happy and amused with this kind of cheating …

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitone is now shipping

O.B. = Oh Balls!

1 Like

Seemless intergration sure is a strange way to describe something that doesnt and (if I am not mistaken) has never worked seemlessly with anything, aspirations should be realised first imo.

5 Likes