Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Yeah BM3 did have some serious crashing issues initially with ios11 but it’s happening less and less with each update intua put out. I haven’t had it crash in a while now. At first it really pissed me off, it’s a lot better now. The bonus of iOS is you get constant new stuff coming out, faster updates than any hardware I’ve ever seen, quality synths, more sequencers, An ever expanding library of FX to choose from, and you can watch Netflix on it

OT and MPC go hand in hand, they fill in each other’s gaps well. If you’ve got the funds to drop I’d highly recommend it, just go for the old 30 day trial and see if it’s for you.

That describes exactly my situation with an OT purchase. They are quite undermining their once-solid reputation lately and I don’t want to support this behavior by buying another machine from them.

Well, SXSW came and went without any announcement. Onto the next glimmer of hope

I’m going to go ahead and throw out 4/20.

People get HIGH- what does getting HIGH get you? OVER things. What do people use to get OVER things? a BRIDGE.

OVER + BRIDGE = OVERBRIDGE

Half-Life 3 confirmed

18 Likes

The new way of selling Instruments?

No mention of overbridge on mobile browser, maybe they just need a better website builder so things are the same for all people looking up the site.

Maybe we got it all wrong and it is just a funky new name for an usb midi cable with an Elektron branding on the connector (like Overhub :wink: )

1 Like

klick on products and then on digitone?

It’s just not there on mobile I guess

:popcorn:

6 Likes

it’s not good enough.

I really hope someone will print this out on Elektron HQ.

5 Likes

Genius level theory…
I don’t know, could be soon, just now on the radio I heard:
“Like a Bridge Over Troubled Hardware, I will Stream Your Sound”…

5 Likes

You know what else goes over bridges? Cars… of the Elektron variety…

Keurig, Now with Overbridge!
Make 8 cups of coffee at once!

3 Likes

Touché ! :blush:

26f1jp

9 Likes

In my eyes, Elektron have gone from Hero (Unexpected bonus features for the A4 incl. +Drive, Poly and Overbridge) to Zero (promising features at retail that don’t exist).

Hopefully they will settled on somewhere in the middle… or left of center…

EX/

1 Like

Can’t see this ending as planned!

2 Likes

Exactly the same here, added bonus that I wanted to use the sound card capability to record other synths in a mini-travel setup.

Still waiting for all of that. And wondering how much time I really want to spend learning / sampling on a box I can’t back up, and can’t multitrack.

Perfect sync for me with OB and multiple other machines when DAW is master clock. Ableton Live and FL. Soundcard is RME UC.