Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Two soundcard, cables, power strip.cheap and simple indded

Yes, thatā€™s what happens in a studio. There are cables and power strips. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be fine with your portable setup if your laptop is powerful enough when OB for the DT is eventually released.

Sorry its german term for someone that makes marketing as customer, something like viral Marketing.

Example make directly a video when the machine is released tell many people as possible its great without a real glue because its new released and get paid for it!

2 Likes

Thatā€™d probably be why lol.

Fair enough but I prefer my automation to be done live. Also I bought a Soundcraft MTK for my Elektron stuff which covered recording multiple tracks at same time problem.

1 Like

Backup has never been my strong point.

Funnily enough I was just talking to Damon about some more Heart Drive

3 Likes

This would make one Welsh man very happy.

Made worse by multiple users running multiple accounts in order to agree with their own posts and skew the signal to noise ratio.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update, Simon.

+1 for ongoing updates together with a roadmap or revised ETA.

Itā€™s disappointing to hear of the delay but if properly managed, it doesnā€™t have to be the end of the world. With that said, I canā€™t stress enough how important good communication is in all of this. A company could actually lose more goodwill with a shorter delay and poor communication than they would with a longer delay with honest, timely and meaningful communication.

Transparency and respect are the most effective ways to keep this from blowing up. I donā€™t think people care where the updates come from - dev blog or management or whatever - but with all due respect, someoneā€™s got to step up on this aspect of things.

I disagree. Iā€™ve never seen ā€˜goodā€™ communication do anything other than make a userbase more entitled and intent on ā€˜gotchaā€™ moments twisting words and calling out broken promises. Probably the best thing any company can do is not say anything at all.

Thatā€™s not the same as providing good customer service though - thatā€™s a must.

3 Likes

Are people really doing that??? Very sad if true!

This is happening from time to time, occasionally to bypass suspensions (usually scammers) but it also happens for other reasons - it cannot be tolerated when we have a marketplace and obviously it makes posting privilege sanctions meaningless if a new account is opened to circumvent this

Sometimes thereā€™s evidence of more cynical community manipulation - so weā€™re always on this stuff

4 Likes

For those calling Elektron liars, hereā€™s a quote from the Digitakt Manual :
ā€œN.B. You must have Digitakt OS 1.10 or later, and Overbridge 1.20 or later to run Overbridge with Digitakt.ā€

Seems pretty careful to me ! :grinning:

1 Like

oh we get 4 more os updates then :slight_smile:

Okay Iā€™m confused. I just purchased an Elektron Analog Four mkii. Questions:

1. Does this mean I have no OverBridge capability until Elektron sorts out the latest version?

2. Will my Analog Four mkii at least show up as a MIDI device via USB? Or am I stuck with ā€œthe old wayā€ using an external MIDI interface?

3. Will any of the editing software that came with the Analog Four mkii work?

Yes.
Yes.
Not sure what editing software you mean. Anything related to Overbridge: currently no.

2 Likes

Come on guysā€¦ friday is my birthdayā€¦ and i have only one wish.
:smile:

1 Like

10 Likes

Thatā€™s such a hilarious GIF, I had to share it on my FB :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a long think about the delay and I think itā€™s clear that Elektron are trying to lay down long-term foundations for Overbridge as a serious platform. This isnā€™t just a feature for a few products they can quickly rush out - this is software which could potentially last for a decade.

Like it or not, someone at Elektron has decided that OB is the future of the company. The delay is most likely (from what I can piece together) because of an underlying problem with drivers which Elektron want to get ironed out for the future.

Itā€™s annoying to have to wait, but Iā€™d rather have a stable platform in two months than a buggy one now.

7 Likes

I would love to see a feature here that would help me filter out the content created by some users. There are obviously people here who do just for lulz. The amount of posts and topics they support with their comments is really impressive but I would love to use ā€˜muteā€™ function to not to see any of that. This is how the gaming servers (most toxic place in known universe) are dealing with trolls and it works.

4 Likes