Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Simon, will it be available before May in all likelihood? Is the delay something significant? Or are you guys just wrapping up some final stage bugs?

About Overbridge working in Logic i gave up a long time ago and i dont think it will ever happen. Thats why i’ve changed to Bitwig so i can use Overbridge. I know kinda disappointing but its been so many years so … time to change DAW ? Not ideal i guess but …

1 Like

They don’t have beta testers apparently… Or so that’s what they told me

1 Like

I reckon Elektron should put together a super lightweight DAW that’s basically just for recording from Overbridge - or make sure the OB is working well with Ardour (freeware). That way, we can all record our multi-track stems in there, and mix them in whatever DAW we use, and buy Elektron some time to work on compatibility with all the different hosts, which I imagine is a nightmare.

2 Likes

Why does it work in Bitwig and not logic?

Try using it for a while in Logic and you’ll see (and hear).

Thanks for update Simon.

And OB works great for me on my A4 and Rytm mk1s… with Live 9.5 and Mavericks OS.
Just doesn’t work for the Analog Heat I just got - but I mostly use it for live stuff right now anyways.

Amen.

‘Who gives a fuck if Overbridge ever comes out?’

Huh??
Probably everyone who bought the products with their hard earned cash because of it I’d say :smirk:

2 Likes

I know it’s been said many times but I still don’t ‘get’ overbridge, especially in this case. If you’re already using a DAW primarily, let’s say Live - I am not sure what you really get out of having a Digitakt in your workflow.

How about those who only use a DAW to record their hardware, and want to be able to record multiple channels simultaneously?

Isn’t that important?

2 Likes

Might not be interesting to you, but some people like to use a hardware box like the DT to come up with ideas, create grooves and loops, jam out rough arrangements, and even play live away from their computer.

Then when they want to turn their work so far into tracks they might want to record multitrack into a DAW to do the final arrangement and mixing there.

Maybe they’ll only record stems to looped clips in something like the session view of Live or Bitwig, maybe they’ll record longer performances on the DT directly into the arranger or a more tradional DAW.

Regardless, I hope you see that being able to record individual tracks from the DT using OB instead of only its stereo output would be a very attractive feature for these people. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Those machines have only a stereo out. It shouldn’t take much research before buying them to find out that there is still no way to get individual outputs from them…

The research you could have done before buying lead that you could have 8 ind out by overbridge man, before the end of the last year

3 Likes

But that is relying on a “promise” that Elektron are not obliged to keep…

Thats not a promise man, thats a given characteristic printed on the box and published on internet decriptive of all resseller. Really i just go out of this thread or i will be flag
again.

4 Likes

Just sell the DT and use something that actually does what you want now, not in the future… Get another DT when and if it is fixed.

1 Like

Of course man… As much sense than your previous post. And sit on a third of what i paid
Brillant man

1 Like

I get you’re pissed off. My point is you are wasting your energy getting angry… If you can’t return the DT for a refund any more and don’t want to sell it then there is not much you can do except wait and use it for what it is. Elektron did a classic “bait and switch” marketing move and I’m not defending it… It is verging on the illegal I think (false advertising) but I’m not a lawyer.

1 Like