Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

I heard Wednesday

1 Like

your not serious???

One month in. Any updates on public release date?

1 Like

No dates announced. Still in first of at least three phases of the beta.

3 Likes

Must not reply with the obvious.

Must not mention …,

8 Likes

I just got my Digitakt last week, and I thought Overbridge had been released when MKIIs were released. I even read the manual before buying it:

6.6 OVERBRIDGE
The Overbridge software suite enables a tight integration between the Digitakt and a computer DAW.
When using Overbridge, the user interface for the Digitakt will present itself as a clearly laid out plug-in…etc.

It goes on to tell you how to set it up and how useful it is without ever mentioning that this is not current functionality.

Advertising it, putting it in the manual, and not having it available is a major problem for me. I don’t need an audio interface, but I was planning to back up my work. As it stands, there is no way to do that.

This is my first Elektron gear, so finding out that a feature they advertised, one that I counted on, is not available RIGHT after I bought it, definitely hurts their reputation for me. Let’s just hope nobody steals the DT or I don’t drop it down the stairs.

This is not true. Projects can be backed up using c6, samples utilizing the transfer app.

1 Like

Really? Somebody else told me that it wasn’t possible.

What is “C6”?

. C6 is elektron a sysex program and it is available on the elektron website in the support page for the dt. Transfer has been able to back up samples for quite a while now.
The process isn’t “streamlined” as two programs are needed but the option to back up is available.

1 Like

Okay. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

This thread is going nowhere.
Temptation for anyone that is curious to learn more about any update on OB, it has become the thread that produces the most flags. One-to-one sterile fights, off-topic conversations, this is now the most annoying thread there is on this board, I believe.

A new thread will be created once there are actual news about OB.
I am closing this one, thinking I’m doing a favor for everyone!

Cheers

LD

30 Likes

Any update on how this is going or how close it is to being released?

many many more miles to go!

Just curious. How is the beta? Any testers here? Does Elektron release uptdates frequently?

If somebody knows is electron going lunch out overbridge?
Why is such a hard to connect ableton with octatrack , when this last one is overprised itesm .

The hardware of Octatrack is outdated to work w/OB. Been discussions too many of times, guessing you missed it?

Overbridge will launch when it does - nobody knows and it’s only part way through the beta steps, so not too soon

It’s nothing to do with Octatrack as said

Thread will be merged elsewhere

having trouble connecting rytm 2 and overbridge