Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

Because I’m a little bit unsure about what does / doesn’t have Overbridge, and what is expected to have it… is this a correct summarisation of the various products and the current state?

• Analog Four MkI Has Overbridge.

• Analog Four MkII Does not have Overbridge

• Analog Keys Has Overbridge.

• Analog Rytm MkI Has Overbridge. No Sample Transfer application.

• Analog Rytm MkII Does not have Overbridge. Has Sample Transfer application.

• Analog Heat Has Overbridge.

• Digitakt Does not have Overbridge. Has Sample Transfer application.

• Digitone Does not have Overbridge

Edit: Updated, thanks @jefones

8 Likes

AR mkii has sample transfer

2 Likes

Hey Rusty, the Analog Rytm MkI does have a third party sample transfer app, and it’s incredible.

SDS drop by the awesome @void is available thru the app store and is totally worth the asking price.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m well aware of SDS Drop and Strom, love @void’s work.

3 Likes

I think im just going to say hell with it and buy sds for my friends mac and use that.

1 Like

Being old school and liking software is not a mutually exclusive proposition anymore

3 Likes

True. But if you call yourself old school & Ableton is your instrument of choice? I guess I’m not old school… I’m whatever there was before school was invented.

I think old school has a different meaning for everyone. I was just saying in a polite way that I don’t use software (smiley face)

1 Like

Also maybe worth pointing out that Octatrack Mk 1 and mk 2 will never have Overbridge

I left the Octatrack and Analog Drive out as they were never intended to / advertised as / something or other / having Overbridge, no?

PS: The post really was for my own curiosity. I don’t own most of those products, and wasn’t sure on the state of play with them all.

1 Like

Yep, but the question does pop up from time to time. I guess I wanted to make the list complete, but you’re right – no real point in adding OT (or Monomachine, SIDstation or anything else that’s not advertised as having OB).

1 Like

I come here everyday hoping to see the Overbridge ETA disclosed… :broken_heart:
Would be great to have at least an idea, if it is going to take 3 months or 3 years… :sob:
I am interested on a DN to pair my DT, but would suck to be unable to multitrack it…

hi, i am also complaining about this overbridge stuff… I bought rhythm half year ago, especially for this computer integration feature… i put the rhythm in the box for now…

I don’t have to have all the plugin stuff with whatever interface and feature they invent… I only want a decent driver to record/monitor the tracks separate into my computer…

why aren’t they start delivering a descent driver and in next iterations all the extra’s? i am software developer myself… why do they want to deliver the complete package at once? in my understanding of software development this is a big mistake of the developer team…

I would advice the development team to split their stack up in components… and deliver at least the minimal stuff in a short time. fix and extend over iterations…

anyways goodluck with development… i keep mine boxed till a version is here… and yes this sucks… whats new?!

No overbridge so you put the AR back in the box ?
I understand that it’s frustrating, I have bought a digitakt hoping to record multitrack more than an year ago.
It’s still on my desk, and yeah it sucks but if I have a good idea for my next track inside my DT I will just record it one track per one track.
They could at least deliver little news more often…
Good luck

1 Like

well I am this close of selling the darn thing! :angry:

your rytm already works without OB!
You can start right now with programming patterns and when OB arrives you‘re ready to stream you individual outs …

1 Like

Start working with it. Make beats. Be awesome.

Multitrack it later when OB works.

2 Likes

Optimism, I like it :smiley:

4 Likes

My a4mkii and digitone are currently in their boxes in my closest awaiting a sale…

Having them out is like having a picture of all the people who hurt you in your studio. It’s just too painful.

3 Likes

That’s actually not a bad idea. I might have to try that.

4 Likes

dewey cox has to think about his whole life before he goes on stage

3 Likes