Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Windows 95 was worse, but was assuming better its errors, giving nice advices :

window9

unplugged-keyboard-error-funny-error-messages

Elektron should release a Beta version with such messages ! The 21st of course. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well I actually bought both my A4 MK2 and OT MK2 for live performances only and not for OB. Good thing otherwise both units would have went back for a refund. Still it would be nice to have the ability to offload tracks from the A4 MK2 and OT MK2 to a DAW like Ableton or Cubase as a plugin synth for recording purposes. Is this even possible without using OB?

OT MK2 is not / will not be Overbridge compatible, like the other current Elektron products, fyi.

1 Like

not surprised

You shouldn’t be.
OT mk2 was never advertised with OB compatibility

2 Likes

yea I know that! I bought Elektron gear only for live use. Now if it works with my DAW that is a bonus.

Without OB, is it possible to use OT and A4 in DAW software like an external synth?

At the opposite,
OT MkI was not advertised with Trig Conditions, A4 MkI was not advertised with polyphony, DT with compressor…

I hope there will be good surprises again.

Yes, with midi.

1 Like

Most daws have an option now to insert on a track an ‘external synth’ plugin.
This simplifies the routing for you.
It is then just a case of in the plugin allocating the midi interface / channel to send midi to, and the audio interface / audio input channel you have the synth connected to

3 Likes

cool that works for me!

I’m a bit afraid to ask, but I’ve fallen off the hype wagon…

Was there any word from Superbooth about the possibility of Overbridge? Do we now stand at “it’s coming”? Or any specifics at all?

how long is a piece of string?

4 Likes

7 Likes

Not from Superbooth, but it will be out by May 21st

1 Like

42 what!

42 days, 42 weeks? Man, people throw around numbers as if it’s the answer to everything!

3 Likes

Look in the mirror and you’ll find Overbridge. It’s in all of us. WE are the seamless integration between hardware and software.

24 Likes

Yeah, but utilizing my USB port is invasive and uncomfortable…

10 Likes

This forum gets more metaphysical by the minute. Cue the death cults.

3 Likes

Pretty soon you’ll be able to access the forum via meditation

5 Likes

My sources tell me OB shall be out in around 45 minutes.

Summary

[sources: a bin, and a crisp wrapper].

4 Likes