Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Digitone has an advantage over DT in this area - base band filters that allows some rudimentary mixing of its 4 tracks in addition to the usual track voice filters.

DT has 8 tracks and no base band filters. Oh and it’s a drum sampler, and who really wants their kick in a complete stereo submix?

(PS - when using DT while recording, I get the kick from elsewhere to minimise the need for soloing and re-recording. Or just solo the kick, record and loop it in the computer, then do the rest of the DT stuff in one pass… that’s usually ok for what I’m doing because I don’t mess much with the kick during a track!).

4 Likes

I will probably get flamed to crisp by asking this question, but not being an avid visitor to this forum have made me lose track of what’s compatible with what. The original black Analog Rytm MkI - is it still compatible with Overbridge?

/C

1 Like

Yes it is- but not the transfer app- samples on the device are stuck on the device until OB2 is released

2 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: And thanks for not roasting me… :slight_smile:
/C

You can’t resample with the MK1 so nothing is really stuck, you just have to deal with the C6 app for sending samples.

4 Likes

All the MKI boxes are fully OB compatible including Keys and Heat.

4 Likes

There is one exception to that rule…Strom on IOS

3 Likes

What still no Overbridge?
Cenk said soon?

1 Like

Which is a nightmare and doesn’t work properly when transferring multiple files at once. Horrendous experience…

soon ™

3 Likes

He also used his hands to show the initial time period they planned, then spread em as far as possible to showcase the new timeframe.

Also used the word infinite with a sad look on his face :poop:

7 Likes

I mean, if Overbridge has no foreseeable release date, then at least give us the bug fixes and features you promised 6 months ago that didn’t have to do with Overbridge! Like Dual VCO!

1 Like

What’s Dual VCO?

What was Overbridge again?

4 Likes

Who knows. But it’ll be tight

2 Likes

Vapourware

1 Like

Oh shoot- my optimism failed to account for his use of the term “infinite” in terms of timeframe :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Indeed. Infinite as in not happening any time soon as I’m time to make other plans.

1 Like

B-b-but… Cenk said “soon”…,

4 Likes