Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

I was just wondering when this topic would pop up again!

1 Like

Sad but I think about it every day.

Yeey, if it works, Iā€™ll pick up a DT. Without itā€™s a bit overpriced for my books :books::nerd_face:

Duped sure but holding you back prob notā€¦ recording samples? do you have abelton? do it thereā€¦do know that overbridge does not record the effects with that said you can get it done in Ableton. I donā€™t understand the DT upset itā€™s also mono and 16bit recording. I would consider it a little groove box journal or live performer. To record all the Fox manipulations from box you have to record on the 1&2 outs.

On the old boxes you can cut the tracks from the mains and record just the summed fx out the OB mains, and combine them with the dry tracksā€¦ I imagine the digis will do that tooā€¦

OB can also record the stereo main output with effects, if you donā€™t multitrackā€¦

1 Like

Holding me back, definitely not. If anything at this point Iā€™m almost bored with it. Thereā€™s only so much that can be done. Especially since I donā€™t particularly make dance music, I usually make abstract/ambient hip hop beats which itā€™s definitely handy for but without extra mixing capabilities aside from tracking out individually, itā€™s just nothing all too special. Iā€™ve definitely loved experiencing it, even considered an Octa because of it, but I just feel like this is leading me down a rabbit hole I donā€™t want to travel down. Iā€™ve been considering trading the DT for an MPC1k to go along with my SP404, at least then I can have stereo samples on both and more than just a single note per track. That and I wouldnā€™t ever be waiting on new firmware/software; they just are what they are at this point and I love that. Iā€™m still iffy as I do have a soft spot for the DT, but the longer I wait for OB the less I really care about it. Thatā€™s just me personally though, it is a lovely piece of kit.

To me great add on I have been with elektron from the start my type of workflow DT is fun! The simplicity is wonderful for just jamming & stepping away from everything serious rather that be a computer or more in debt groove boxes or synths. A lovely box for anyone I think of it as my little groove box journal but I also have it in my live set up now for some extra sample jazz to my OT. Now the OT on the other hand is by far the most well thought out sampler dare I say in the world. I truly believe that so well done I still occasionally sit and think about how the fuck did they plan this out so well.

1 Like

You should get the OT and run that DT up in it you might wet your pants

2 Likes

You sure about that? I could see why that would be true for the delay and reverb, but if you control the fx that are per track I would think that would be recorded per track

Iā€™d rather have just the OT or just the DT at this point. Iā€™ve already got too much gear to keep up with as is, I canā€™t jump into that level of Elektron madness just yet haha. One Elektron machine at a time for me, pls.

Sure, the overdrive and filter should be able to be recorded per track, but the reverb and delay being send fx will be a sum sent to the main outsā€¦ If it works like the current units youā€™ll be able to remove the track routing from the mains to capture just that fx sum from the main bus, along with the individual tracksā€¦

However currently Iā€™m not seeing a track routing option in the DT manual as the AR has, unless I missed something, so that would have to be added in the OB supporting OS update for this to workā€¦

Hoping for some news on this Electron???

A post was merged into an existing topic: Korg Prologue 8/16 Voice Analog Poly Synth

Hey Elektronauts I got thinking about why it has taken so long to release Overbridge for digistuff and the MK2 line. What if the reason they havenā€™t released it is because Cenk is hoarding it to have a leg up over competing Djs and marketing firms in Copenhagen. I know it might sound far fetched but Mk ultra and the taco bell conspiracy turned out to be true. any thoughts?

4 Likes

So am I

So am I

Superbooth 03-05 May is probably where they will announce/release it.

My guess is they missed the NAMM 18 because it wasnā€™t ready to be presented so it got pushed back. By now it is probably ready and sitting in their HQ waiting to be showcased at Superbooth.

Whatā€™s there to showcase regarding OB in NAMM or Superbooth anyway? Itā€™s not like we donā€™t know about it. It should have been out alreadyā€¦ Itā€™s either finished or not and it seems like with no updates so far that it just isnā€™t.

1 Like

Agreed, if this was true they need to just set it free:)

1 Like

guys,

lesson I learned as former Overbridge user :slight_smile:

1.) Donā€™t wait for over bridge
2.) Donā€™t buy elektron hardware with DAW integration in mind

Only buy the stuff as standalone devices. Overbridge might come out one day. It might have the promised features. Just donā€™t take it for granted. With this in mind, you will be fine :slight_smile:

Have a nice day,

P.

9 Likes