Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Yea i have a digitakt and analog 4 mkii and both boxes advertise the hell out of overbridge as something that’s currently available.

2 Likes

Walk into a music shop and ask salesmen if the Digitakt comes with OB, I’ve done it a few times. Answer is normally “yes when you set it up, just go to Elektrons website and download OB and then you can stream audio into Ableton or any other DAW”…
I find it crazy that Elektron are pushing retail sales relationships (where previously they had much smaller rollouts and sold mainly from their own website) but not training or informing sales outlets the reality of the state of their products!
It’s kind of comical at the moment, having worked in technology sales for years I find it so strange they haven’t communicated the shit show of OB with their resellers.
Lots of salesmen probably copping shit because of bad communication from Elektron

5 Likes

Maybe we can launch an online petition? Elektron should give us an update ASAP and stop this misleading false advertisement of OB and computer integration. I remember there was an online petition regarding Tempest OS development few years ago and it worked out well i think.

1 Like

Except that os development has now ceased. They released the last version.

Didn’t they release one more version of OS after that petition? I might be wrong

1.5.0.2 was the last version.

The icing on the cake is that we have to keep checking this site for an update.

4 Likes

Does anyone have a screen shot of the Digitakt ad with “Overbridge Enabled” on it please. I am making a complaint to the ASA here in the UK as the Swedish authority has not responded. I have the Digitone screen shot to use as an example, but I would prefer the Digitakt as it’s the machine I bought and it’s older.

Also, what were the dates previously published for delivery of OB? I have Feb 2018, Dec 2017, but I believe there was one before that.

Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry, just to be clear I mean this part…

9d66523e1f82c57617d33d99f48f053a8194e9d2_1_690x301

Not the text below in the spec section. Note that I cannot report the packaging to the ASA as they do not cover this, that’s for trading standards here in the UK.

You mean the banner on the Digitakt page here?: https://www.elektron.se/products/digitakt/

Thanks, sometimes I get it…somestimes it’s not there.

The only problem I have is this on the webpage…

“Overbridge for Digitakt will be free of charge, and become available at a later date. Read more on Elektronauts.”

I believe this to be a recent change in language, as it wasn’t there a month or so. Are others able to bear witness to this. If not, there is no point in making the complaint as it’s basically Elektron’s get out of jail free card (and a pretty sneaky way to do business).

…wasn’t there a month or so ago

To be fair I think you’ll get an e-mail when it’s released. Which should be any day now.

Yeah but it didn’t include most of the promised features. For me the Tempest is the most disappointing drum machine ever. So close to being really good but then not

It’s like waiting for Half Life 3. My estimate is its gonna come out in June. Hopefully Ill be proved wrong :joy:.

7 Likes

Your estimate for HL3 seems realistic. For Overbridge it seems just a tad optimistic.

10 Likes

seems like elektron did a few very wrong decisions. They at least should have brought out file managers for transfering samples.

As I am a completely new customer (owning OT + A4 (sent it back) + DN + DT for less than a month) I thought that OB was already out since it was advertised. Now I read here in the forums how long you have been waiting and that OB should have been a paid upgrade. I don‘t think it can be too difficult to get some decent coders to solve this in time. If I was them I‘d even pay any price just to get this problem out of the world.

2 Likes

I’m guessing the Transfer app probably will allow two-way transfer/backup before we get OB.

1 Like

I hope without the need to go into a transfer mode (so having to stop playback …dive into the menu etc.)