Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Hehe your right of course. I have been down that road too… I guess it’s just not something I want to do because of the way i’m used to doing the mixing side of things. I feel like it’s hard for me to be confident in the mix when I do it like that.

1 Like

just in case. normally DAW can handle up or downsampling. So it was possible (as far as I remember right) to work in 96khz and the DAW did realtime upsampling from 48khz.

Many VST instruments working with internal upsampling to perform better quality. That implements that the VST also have to downsample its internal back to DAW sample rate. I guess it could work in a similar way.

jejones

I said cancelled for the time being.

What I mean is: d delay with unknown length, at the background of users who have been waiting for a working Overbridge much longer than I do (many months or a year some say), does not feel like a delay, but like you can forget about the whole thing for the time being, opposed to being able to roughly plan anything and look forward to it.

And the way Elektron behave in their statement leaves you no chance to see a delay you can deal with. So not being constructive is a role which clealy first of all falls into the Elektron’s management responsibility, not us users from my view.

2 Likes

@insect: yes, there’s ways to get around another limitation, there are workarounds (with downsides we can’t discuss in short) available.

But can that seriously be the way a plugin works in 2018? None of my other VST plugins (and I use a lot) has such a silly limitation.

Does it have to do something with the bandwith problems Elektron obviously had? I have been working as beta tester for a well known fully integrated hardware synth a while ago, and they had these kinds of bandwidth problems in the first stages of usb connection development. But that was years ago, with hard- and software conditions far below the present level.

Hey restlessboy, I understand your point on enabled vs included but I think what your missing is that it was clearly written on their site:

“Overbridge for X will be free of charge, and become available in February 2018.”

1+1

And then they changed that… so yes it is “false advertising”, don’t think it was intended but it still is. Pure and simple.

3 Likes

sigh

So when they said February - were they lying, or were they making a commitment in good faith which they subsequently found they couldn’t deliver on?

If you believe it’s the latter then it wasn’t ‘false’ advertising.

And if you think they were deliberately lying then they’re protected by the fact that Overbridge is a separate product which no one has paid for and therefore there’s no grounds for a false advertising claim.

:+1:

2 Likes

This is not a trial of intent, just facts. Yes, I believe in their good faith but it still is misleading for customers.

Cheers!

It’s actually quite a bit a case of intent. A plan to never deliver mean false advertising, hitting a roadblock that causes a delay in a product is not. If people actually bother to read up on false and misleading advertising, most of this thread wouldn’t exist.

2 Likes

I’m sure Elektron is sweating like a pedophile at daycare trying to get this done! This thread is all doom and gloom and I can’t keep up with all this lawsuit talk. Who would even want to go through all that work over a sub $1000 piece of music equipment? I sure as hell wouldn’t. Sheesh… Can’t wait until another update on the update or the update it’self so this thread will go away.

9 Likes

This thread is like the mole on a model’s face- some would argue that the mole makes the model more attractive

2 Likes

This is a pretty big mole though

1 Like

Oh baby! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

They were probably happy to sell a ton with an advertising campaign based in part on the possibility of using OB. Honestly, I’m a little tired of things that are not right or as espected at the time of their release (drum machine, synth, even video games). in addition, they continue to advertise OB everywhere on their products. hoping they do not release a DIgitak mk2 before the OB release. I have no intention of suing them, but I hope that all this will give them a lesson in the future.

1 Like

Like a witch mole, right on the end of her nose, 4 inches long with a hair, thick like a mans beard.

1 Like

They probably were as overbridge is still part of the advertising campaign because as far as anyone knows overbridge is just delayed not abandoned. Which still makes it not false or misleading advertising.

Additionally elektron has never released a mkii of anything that is less than a year after a product has come out. They take a lot more time than that and mkii upgrades haven’t been for arbitrary reasons.

easy on me here guys, new to the party, thread is all over the place,are we even near overbridge for my new rytm MK2 ??

My guess: no.

Well as an official rainbow love tree huger on the forum, I recommend trying to recognize that there are real people behind these avatars, and we should love and respect each other and want to help each other out, and that real people with emotions, feelings, and a heart pumping blood through their veins, can be seen as more important than opinions of gear and synth companies business practice and time frames…

In a way, instead of being torn apart by differing opinions, we can try to take a step back and fundamentally feel what we think is more important. Would you rather make enemies over synth opinions, or would you rather respect humanity more than synth opinions and try to meet politely and compassionately in the middle?
Are your overbridge opinions more important than how you treat other people?
Something to consider anyway…

10 Likes

Straight, and to the point! I like this point of view! :slight_smile:

surely can’t be much longer, the last thing elektron said was ‘wait a little longer’?..no?