Status update on Digitakt OS (November 2017)

Great news and very cool to share this info! Can’t wait for the update and OB. Digitakt will be even greater.

3 Likes

Not a digitakt owner, but it’s very nice to see this kind of communication from HQ. :ok_hand::+1:

4 Likes

How can costumers experience this as a good thing!? After half a year we get a vague indication that there is going to be an update while the product has still got a lot of bugs. Rather then first fixing one product Elektron decided to push a new line first. The Digitakt will be my last Elektron machine if the updates don’t feature some radicale and working goodies.

Btw I’ve got a recording session abroad for which I hoped to have overbridge, this is in January so now I need to change my planned setup radically,
so thanks Elektron for screwing that one up!

4 Likes

agreed. This will also be my last purchase of an Elektron product “up-front”. The machine is cheaper now than when I pre-ordered and they didn’t tell me I’d be a 6 month beta tester.

I guess people’s expectations these days must be for none-complete products on release. Personally I think it’s a really bad state to be in but with all the positive feedback everyone is giving Elektron nothing will change. I tried to contact them a while back and they didn’t even bother to respond. Disappointing.

Luckily, there’s alot of good hardware products coming along these days.

6 Likes

nope

Great news. Mine has been put away since I bought it because I want it as center piece controlling my other gear

Agreed. It’s atrocious. Digitakt is a paper weight still missing basic operating functions like data backup. This company does not respect its customers. They have more products out than they can handle and no one is happy with the software. We don’t get updates we get “updates about updates”.

5 Likes

Neither have I, and I’ve done a lot of MIDI sequencing with it. We must have gotten lucky. No matter, this transparency on Elektron’s part is much appreciated.

5 Likes

i doubt it, unfortunately…

the announcement says bug fixes only. Plus they’re trying to get overbridge ironed out (and for free now!!). My guess is these kind of upgrades won’t show up until next summer or later.

Next summer :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Jeez that is insane… needs a bp or notch filter really badly.

1 Like

I’m just guessing btw!

It’s about time we got an update. If there aren’t some serious fixes/additions for basic omissions in this release (like backing up data?) then I’m not going to be impressed.

The Digitakt shouldn’t have been released in the state it was. I like it as a product, but it’s half finished. My experience with this charade has made me seriously doubt whether I’ll buy any Elektron gear again, which is a shame.

I definitely wouldn’t be showering praise on Elektron for giving a belated, vague update on what to expect.

6 Likes

I’ve read it several times and don’t see them mentioning it’s gonna be “bug fixes only”.

Fair enough.

It also doesn’t mention anything but that.

Good point. I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst and share your skepticism. Having at least 1-2 new filter modes would be great tho, especially we all got fooled with “Digitakt will receive Overbridge before the end of the year” statement. Anyways, we will see soon

1 Like

I’d love more filters, for sure. So, I’ll borrow some of your positivity :slight_smile:

I’m not really fussed by them missing deadlines. Let’s not forget that this is the only company that updates gear into a decade.

2 Likes

I imagine this update signals them starting work on it.

It’s almost reminiscent of video game companies and how they ship games broken and patch them later or via DLC

1 Like

Except that they mention “bug fixes” only.

Yeah it’s a terrible new standard. This is part of why I stopped gaming.