Starting the RYTM with Foot switch (JACK 1/4 NOT midi)

Hi
Is there a solution to start/stop the AR with a JACK 1/4 foot switch? I know, there is a possibility with MIDI, but i have an BOSS FS-5U and would like to connect it. The first tries with it and Exp/CV in didn’t work and the web doesn’t help:-/.

CV inputs on the MK2 are only used for modulation.

The only way to start/stop externally is via MIDI start/stop command.

This device can translate 1/4" input to a MIDI command such as start/stop. But it is costly.

1 Like

You need to provide clock as well if you are externally Starting / Stopping, unfortunately

Hm, thank you very much for you answers Adam and Mekohler!

@mekohler: I’m not sure if I understand correctly. Isn’t it possible to use the AR as a clock master for several devices (midi out) and to start and stop it externally (midi in)?

Because I had a new idea:
Right now my AR works as a master clock for three other devices.
As the jack-solution from above doesn’t work, I’d like to start and stop the AR with my Roland SPD-SX. That means: There is a midi out from the AR to the Clock slaves and a midi in coming from the SPD-SX. So the SPD should be kind of a start/stop master for the AR but not be clocked.

I’m sorry if this issue has been resolved before. But for me it’s really confusing.

The moment you send Transport Start / Stop from an external source, the AR stops providing clock and assumes the external source will clock. I think all Elektron machines do this, except the OT :[

http://www.ploytec.com/one2/ Tap tempo and Start

Many thanks to all for the answers!