[BATTLE OF THE EXQUISITE CORPSE] Team Verses! (Stage 1) - Start the sample search!

I got an idea! A Collaborative Team Battle! This is a one off, and outside the normal challenges.

CalmVeneratedAmericancicada-size_restricted

Ever wanted to work with a fellow Elektronaut? Now is the chance.

I want to form two teams of 4 (or more if enough people want to get on this). Each participant will bring an element to the public thread. It could be a sample… or a break… whatever cool sound they want to work with.

I will then form the teams… I will make it random, and I will make sure if two people bring a break, then they will be on separate teams. I will keep rolling the dice until it works out.

Then here is where the teams produce with the elements. I say make a 4 to 8 bar loop, and each team member gets a section of a track. All 4 will work making a cohesive track with all 4 team members loops.

It can be any genre, and any style… I suggest agreeing on a tempo and a key… (or not!)

I know it sounds crazy, but I worked it all out. I will do all the heavy lifting of keeping things organized going into this.

Now here is the cool part… say you commit to this… and something comes up and you cant get your part in on time… You gotta put up whatever you got… so there could be a weakest link aspect to this, where three sections are banging, and one of them is unfinished mess… IT GOES IN!

Say a team member ghosts… then you have to have a section of silence in the middle to represent his part!!

Basically, I am saying it is okay to drop the ball… it makes for an interesting outcome…

As far as deadlines goes, once I see if anyone wants to play the game, we can decide stuff going into it, get everything sorted, then agree on a timeframe and when to start the clock.

Then I will reveal the teams and start the clock.

12 Likes

@1-2
@alexleigh83
@aloud
@android
@arctor023
@arinev
@aarb420
@basti_bochum
@braken
@bwo

@charlol
@Claid
@cuberoo
@davestasiuk
@d4ydream
@dhunterrr
@djenzyme
@DrOrthogonal
@fay.kreal
@flos

1 Like

@FNKSTRNG
@hoborg
@intheam
@jdaddyaz
@jeye_musik
@J-Hz
@Juniper_Steels
@KingDuppy
@LoomieDarko
@looms

@LyingDalai
@Maisin
@malus_mons
@MichalHo
@monquixote
@mrcrappypantson
@natehorn
@Oxenholme
@phading
@Pharmer

@proskynesis
@ramcmdr
@sasquatchfuzz
@sacguy71
@sasquatchfuzz
@schoolbabyboy
@sezare56
@Sherelle
@sigint

1 Like

@sseemmii
@Symian
@theobserver
@TRAINTRACS
@Vague_versatile

BEAT BULLETIN
Here are all the people signed up so far.

1. @1-2

2. @natehorn (teamed with aarb420)

3. @DrOrthogonal (teamed up with Ryan)

4. @Ryan (teamed up)

5. @FNKSTRNG

6. @bodymechanics

7. @jeye_musik

8. @emadb

9. @dhunterrr

10. @joaehun

I’ll repost as people are added.

2 Likes

I’ll sign up.

Can we pm with the team to decide which elements to bring?

I don’t care what style/genre/instrument and would be open to coordinating that with the others or following someone else’s lead

3 Likes

Nice, sounds like fun! I’m going to be pretty busy for the rest of June though so probably only able to join in if it ends up taking place in July onward…

2 Likes

I’m always up for a challenge…not sure how this will work but happy to be a mill-stone around the neck of some poor unsuspecting team :grinning:

3 Likes

I’d love to do this, but I have to finish my Drum and BASS ep before I can participate in any additional battles.

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

Put this guy on the same team as I

3 Likes

One of the best gifs/movie scenes of all time :rofl:

1 Like

You said people that want to participate need to share something in the public thread.

So I made a sample- it doesn’t need to be used

3 Likes

I’m down

1 Like

Word!

@1-2 @DrOrthogonal @Ryan

I can do this either way. Do you want to pick teams and coordinate?

Or draw from a hat so there is some gamesmanship with the teams being random and then you are surprised?

Edit: I’m going to do both. @DrOrthogonal and @Ryan are excited to team up. So I’ll let people call teams and randomize the rest.

2 Likes

@natehorn @FNKSTRNG

To get TWO O.G.‘S to participate, let’s kick it off in July.

3 Likes

Random’s good for everything else, all I know is I want to be on a team with @DrOrthogonal

2 Likes