Standalone Maschine+

Hey thanks! I might be misunderstanding your question, but it’s my own song. Stock drum preset sounds, though, if that’s what you meant.

Oh ok gotcha. Yeah I was just wondering if it was loops from the Maschine software or if it was original. Great stuff.

So after 2 days i have already a hardware problem … 4 buttons , variation , to select doesn’t work …
I search if i was alone and i see this , it’s exactly the same problem…

So we are too now :slight_smile: , he send problem to NI support and me too , for now no answer …
Just 2 days …
During 2 days , i freeze unity 3 times …
With one group the last time , no instrument just one reverb …
So i hope all this things was software problem because for live performance it’s not possible …
Maybe i’m just not lucky …

Lets hope noone at NI thinks new products need something like apples T2-chips

1 Like

@therockfrog I had crackling like that twice, once the sequencer was playing fine but the pads were crackling… later I figured out it was user error, I left the arp on note repeat with a rate of 1/128 :joy: However, another time I had genuine crackling on playback, it didn’t even go away after a reboot, I had to power off and unplug, waited and then it was gone… it hasn’t happen since, I suspect this is a software issue not hardware…

@Choopy Wow that is weird having those buttons glow like that, have not encountered anything like that yet… but if the buttons work normally otherwise, I would assume it’s another firmware glitch

I have noticed a minor thing myself, my two screens on the M+ each have a slightly different glow to them… as if the backlight has a slightly different color temperature. It’s not so noticeable in normal use but you can see it when both screens are mostly showing the black background, does any of your M+ units have this? One screen has a purple glow while the other has a more yellow glow…

But you don’t see it in every mode, mixer mode looks fine for example (but there is a very slight difference):

But yeah, really love my M+ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: still early days but I really gel with it! It’s not perfect… I can’t add tags when saving sounds, can’t delete projects from the device… but you can’t have everything, maybe NI will implement these things… they are not deal breaking for me at least…

1 Like

I don’t know if the problem ( for my leds ) is on software, when i start the maschine this 4 leds doesn’t work too…
And now this four led no works …
No flash , nothing on …
So i wait an answer of NI support
…and i decide after if i keep it

Sorry I misread, the 4 buttons don’t work at all… that sucks :confounded: Hope you get a replacement soon!

1 Like

Yep …
It’s my fault too, because i didn’t wait before buy it …:wink:
I keep hope ( during the next 7 days )

1 Like

Anyone compared this with the Mpc Live/Force from a purely Sample based perspective? I’m not making synth based music these days, so not interested per se in the M+ for those attributes.

Not looking to ditch my Force, but curious.

If they will do better Kontakt support, it would be great.
Not just selected factory)

I haven’t tested that yet. Normally i just record off the Headphone Splitter direct to my iPhone if i capture video or to my Zoom H6 if i just want to capture audio.

1 Like

Well I just tested midi out to the Hydrasynth and capturing the loops back in… bad day for my Akai Force. I’ll have to test it with my whole set up and everything, but wow.

No latency, seemless and absolutely flawless loops. Even on arps. No clicks and pops nothing. Captured a bass arp loop from the Hydrasynth added in a FM8 pad and a monark lead all over a drum loop. Did some automation, etc. Sounds amazing, and is so quick and fun.

Having a bit of trouble with the arp, though. It doesn’t just trigger on the downbeat, it kicks in on the next upbeat. I have an idea, though.

4 Likes

I’ve been told that I’m completely OCD about timing/drift but I’ve never had the audio recording latency with the Force that I keep hearing about. How are you all clocking slaved devices? And how tight are they? Which MIDI interface?

MC-101 slaved to Force: Tight. Both USB MIDI & DIN MIDI.
Model:Cycles slaved to Force: Sloppy as hell. Both USB MIDI & DIN MIDI.
iPad apeMatrix slaved to Force: Tight. iConnectivity mio.
iPad Audiobus slaved to Force: Sloppy. iConnectivity mio.
iPad Beatmaker 3 slaved to Force: Sloppy. iConnectivity mio.

Thanks for this information. I’m in the info gathering phase of making a decision.

Are you saying the Maschine+ midi timing is tighter than the Akai Force?

1 Like

Initial impressions are yes, particularly when sampling in the loops. Significant difference when just using the Hydrasynth, which was one of the main offenders when using the force. I’ll have to see what happens, though, when I integrate it into the whole studio.

1 Like

Force is more than usable, but when I record the loops to audio, there are always major clicks and pops at the loop point. There are none with maschine. It’s as good as the OT in this regard.

1 Like

Yea - I’d like to play with a box like the M+ or the Force (I just got interested in the Force after the latest update)

For what I like to make (my SC: https://soundcloud.com/teknolife206) I see pros and cons to each device.

Biggest con for the M+ is the fact you can’t assign external controls to internal parameters in standalone. Plus I have a MK3 and the M+ seems incredibly expensive.

Bigger questions I have about the Force are its sheer size and the midi timing when sending midi clock out. I have a Live MK1 and the timing sucks. But I like the idea of jamming something out, recording it, then exporting the stems all in standalone on the Force.

Good time to have choices I guess :slight_smile:

A little midi routing how to:

5 Likes

Sorry if already covered.

Has anyone had success sampling audio via usb from a class compliant elektron box?

I know NI have said that only their interfaces are officially supported at the moment but was hoping this would also be possible.

Cheers

I don’t wanna take part in the discussion “dawless / why using M+ instead of an MK3 and a computer with a long usb cable
”, because i have plenty of reasons for not using a PC - even if most of them are just in my head - but ther reasons ARE there.

But one thing is for sure: Maschine+ completely changed my approach to making music. Maybe it’s just me, but after ableton, maschine software on a mac, octatrack, MPC live, MPC one, for the first time in my life i am able to “just sit down and make music”, without first setting up stuf, re-consulting manuals, solving problems… Very inspiring and powerful.

5 Likes