Standalone Maschine+

Cool! Now Ableton Push 3 standalone please

3 Likes

Check the Maschine forum, the arranger is getting Clips functionality to make it closer to a DAW.

1 Like

Not sure you’re right there, it says instruments that can be used standalone in the description

INCLUDED SOFTWARE

Maschine+ includes Maschine+ Selection, a curated package of instruments, effects, and Expansions chosen for use in both standalone and controller mode:

Maschine FACTORY LIBRARY

8GB library of high-quality sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects, and sliced loops, Bass Synth, and Drum Synths: 5 fully tweakable, automatable drum plug-ins.

INSTRUMENTS :

FM8, MASSIVE, MONARK, PRISM, REAKTOR Factory Selection R2, KONTAKT Factory Selection, RETRO MACHINES.

EFFECTS :

RAUM, PHASIS.

EXPANSIONS :

DEEP MATTER, LILAC GLARE, SOLAR BREEZE, TRUE SCHOOL, VELVET LOUNGE (Plus voucher for two additional Expansions).

4 Likes

You’re right. I think I read it wrong…interesting…very interesting.

I wonder if it’s running the actual plugins, or if its sampled?

2 Likes

I think definitely the plug ins, it has 4gb ram so should be able to run those as they seem to be older ones. The reaktor factory collection includes carbon which is an old one

1 Like

I think you might be right…

1 Like

If it was standalone with full reaktor then that would have been amazing , I think this is competing with Mpc and they are using older plug ins with it :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Saying that having Monark and Massive standalone is pretty cool, better than the plug ins on Mpc

3 Likes
1 Like

I think I’d buy machine 3 and a laptop … which can then be used to run other apps / daw / email / games etc.

I think in reality it’ll link to pc and you can continue with pc maschine a bit like the recent mpc’s that can use pc too.

I hope it doesn’t need WiFi ever time it’s turned on…

2 Likes

true but then again at least nobody I know even purchases an mpc for the included plugins… I don’t even open them. If native doesn’t start pushing for a sequencer that is on par with at least an mpc 500 - the new line of mpcs sequencer features it’ll be a nothing burger and people might even be better off sticking with the tethered version…

habits are difficult to change, if they make an actual hardware maschine , for the continued purposes of selling expansions and if the onboard maschine library continues to be lauded over the sequencer on the darn thing there won’t be enough face palm to go around imho

2 Likes

if it doesn’t have the clunky tacked on feel then that would be a welcome improvement…
do you know if this is coming in a total rewrite… again, or just on the end of what’s already there?

Well now I’m intrigued.

1 Like

Ugh to the wifi / NI login required, but yes to pretty much everything else. I’m an old MPC adherent and was pretty disappointed by the Live. Then they add a speaker instead of fixing software? Egads

Anyway, I’m glad this competition space is growing. Even if these are essential ARM computers with hardware interfaces.

Guess Open Labs Miko was just ahead of it’s time by a decade or so.

2 Likes

Scroll up, you’re 4 hours late. :wink:

I’m curious to know what kind of output latency it will operate at (for syncing with other gear), and can I load my own Reaktor ensembles too?

6 Likes

Thanks Adam. I got too excited :blush:

1 Like

A lot to be excited about, this is a long time coming.

I think AKAI really forced their hand here.

5 Likes

I’m intrigued. On the one hand, I don’t even notice that I’m using a computer when I use my Maschine MK3 because it’s integrated that well (and goes $400 used and ~$500 new via certain sellers). On the other hand, I love the idea of portability. On the other other hand, I’m sitting at home anyway because of Covid, so what do I care if it’s more portable. But on the other other other hand, it’s nice just turning a stand-alone on and just jamming no matter where I am in the house. And on the other other other other hand, the DAW aspects of Maschine are so lame that I prefer using it as a plugin in Ableton which means I’m using a computer anyway.

Who am I kidding - my wallet is ready. I think. $1,400 is a lot though, especially since it’s still a MK3 controller. If it was an MK4 with new bells and whistles, I’d be more interested.

8 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to this!

Seeing this makes me realise that what I actually wanted from standalone maschine was the Studio hardware/8in-8out interface, at least 16gb ram for loading kontakt instruments, and a touch screen lcd as a lid covering the whole hardware.

4 Likes