Standalone Maschine+

So you’re should arrive tomorrow too? Nice!

1 Like

Maschine+ owners: Can I assign the knobs on a midi controller to parameters in Maschine+ standalone?

I’m not seeing how in the manual.

In the software, you just click learn and twiddle the knob on your external controller and it’s assigned.

How does this work with the stand alone box?

Thanks!

1 Like

For those that have a large library of expansions, start downloading immediately if you want everything on your Maschine before you start making music. It takes hours to download everything if you have a huge expansion library. I started downloading around 4 pm, still going and it’s almost midnight now. Very slow downloads and installs. Other than that, it feels WAY more premium than I was anticipating. Definitely the best build quality of all my gear and I absolutely love the new color, way better looking in person - pictures don’t do this thing justice. It’s hard to explain how great this looks and feels without seeing one in person. Even just a few hours with this and it’s the most fun with a groove box I have had. This workflow is just perfect for standalone. Being completely away from the computer is such a great feeling and though you can get a similar experience with a computer and a mk3, it really is a different experience when you can play Maschine on the couch, with the game on the TV in the background without being tied to any computer. The premium feel, the great workflow, and stand alone really does make this thing shine. If NI continue to build on this, add more instruments and features, this is going to be a must have for many people. This is definitely one of those products where you need to get it in your hands before you judge.

8 Likes

what speed SD card is the included one? I think it makes a huge difference doesn’t it?

Picked this up yesterday. Echo comments re: download + install speeds. A little slow. However, this is genuinely the most premium feeling piece of gear I have! I’m always disappointed by the smaller details when acquiring new gear (wobbly + inconsistent feeling encoders, creakiness (MPC Live), double triggering, plasticky feeling, etc.) - the Maschine+ has the best overall build, hands down. Particularly impressed with the encoders!

10 Likes

Update: I can get Ultraloop to run on the M+ but it’s definitely a hack job and not intended to work on the M+. CPU hit is like 60% but you can run it.

I followed these steps and these steps are transferable to a lot Reaktor Ensembles. Stay tuned

Do those steps and place the file under “User Content” on your SD-Card on the M+.
They will show up in your browser “User” area. When they show up half the work is done, but it´s not guaranteed they will make any sound or run at all. Also beware, as this stuff is not officially supported, tha the M+ could freeze / crash while you load your hacked stuff. Happened to me four times now, but more likely an user error on my side.

Have Fun.

7 Likes

Thanx!
This only works with Reaktor 6, right?

I don‘t know, but you need a full version of Reaktor, they should be backwards compatible. The Version on M+ Is Reaktor 6.

Ok, thank!

Hopefully i will manage to try it today :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

No…

IT GOT PUT ON F##KING BACKORDER!

Damn man that is rough. Sorry to hear that. Looks like mine is unlikely to arrive today either, so much for ups’ next day air.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t suppose that you tried some Blocks stuff that had been saved as an ensemble? Did that work?

awesome… you dont have s-layer to try do you?

I have it, will try it next. Was trying Blocks, but no dice. TRK-01 does not work, too. But to early to say they won´t work, because iam a Reaktor noob :grinning:

Just to be clear, they can be loaded on M+ but you get no sound (Blocks/TRK-01)

Sorry man, out for delivery now.

2 Likes

Was trying Blocks, but no dice, so far …

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’m sure that as more people get M+ that there will a collective amassing of info about what can and can’t work, and why/how.

1 Like

Yes that´s what iam hoping. There seems to be a pattern, like most “Reaktor Player” stuff does not work, for now. But time will tell :grinning:

1 Like

S-Layer is working :metal:

1 Like