Stand-alone nanoloop hardware!

all good, I might be asking a friend to pledge for me and just give him cash :wink:

just wanted to adress this one in a separate post:

It’s 2019, you’re getting tracked one way or another unless you live in a tent

online, yes - offline, no.
it´s really not that hard…

There really is no offline anymore imo. The world is always online now.

this is getting philosophical now haha ^^

well that really depends on how much you let yourself be immersed in that “online” part.

and when I´m walking down the street, there is no part of me that is online. maybe the phone in my pocket, IF I am taking it with me and IF it is switched on - which I rarely do.

it´s really a matter of personal choice and lifestyle.

I’m really hoping for some stretch goals on the Nanoloop hardware. It’s already exceeded it’s goal by quite a bit, sitting at $50,000+ now. Here’s to hoping, it already looks great!

2 Likes

Yeah I wonder if we can convince him to add individual outputs per channel…

1 Like

User wavetables and full Midi control would be nice too. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m wondering what color scheme I’ll do when the time comes. Black PCB with red buttons / LEDs or White PCB with light blue buttons / LEDs. Also thinking about rocking some pixel art stickers on this bad boy.

Kickstarter is built to require a payment method that allows them to reserve the amount you pledge, but to only complete the payment when the campaign ends (and the funding goal is reached).

That’s why they require a credit card, or a credit card-like payment method (such as a debit card using a cc-based payment processing system).

The banking and online payment systems in a lot of EU countries aren’t based on credit cards, but on direct account-to-account transfer where this “authorize-but-delay-conpletion” process isn’t possible.

If you live in the US or UK, it might be hard to imagine, but if you live in Germany, or The Netherlands there is no reason to use a credit card, and the vast majority of people living in those countries have never even owned one.

1 Like

Sup guys go check out the demo video on the Kickstarter page and heads up, the “R” channel will be similar to nl mono R channel (ACID) and there will be metallic noise and super crisp and clear stereo chords and probably loud AF FM kick synthesis if he brings the louder kick mode over from newer nl 2.x. So basically your combining NL mono and nano 2.8.2 (his demo has the new 2.8.x chore pitch/detune settings) in the new nano device! Going to be the most powerful and cheapest acid box/fm desktop synth/ lush chord generator IMO!!! :alien::alien::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::skull::skull::shushing_face:

2 Likes

Due to high demand, a Midi Mode has been added to control external gear! Nice.

5 Likes

That’s so awesome!!! Holy cow what a cool addition.

1 Like

In the mean time while we wait I can recommend the iOS version of Nanoloop https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nanoloop/id322700286?mt=8

Oliver has updated it recently and it no longer seems to crash.

It’s like having a mini DT in your pocket :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Any idea how it will work?

None yet, just saw that the Kickstarter details were updated. If I see something explaining in depth, I’ll post it here.

Edit: just noticed that the “connections” portion of the details added “Midi” to the 3.5mm mini jack output. Before it was just CV and Midi Sync.

I’d been meaning to get around to backing this for the last week or so… the new MIDI features is a timely reminder I need to do that real soon. I’m guessing from the way that this is phrased…

3.5 mm mini jack input for CV and MIDI sync
3.5 mm mini jack output for CV, MIDI sync and MIDI

…means that you couldn’t the channels externally say from a DT/DN. Still, I’m guessing the fun comes from it’s own sequencer which the features look ace on. I’m very much a nanoloop luddite so looking forward to rectifying that situation.

Yeah, the nature of Nanoloop is that each channel/track doesn’t have its own “sound”, apart from the default settings. Basically, each step has parameter locks on every parameter… so it’d need a redesign to be able to control certain sounds via MIDI.

2 Likes

So with midi control for external gear added and a few hours left I thought I’d bump this Kickstarter…

2 Likes

The Kickstarter has been officially funded with close to 7x the original goal amount! Can’t wait to start seeing / hearing about the production process. Hopefully it will be fairly transparent with updates aplenty.

2 Likes

Will anyone be going by booth H505 to see this thing in action? I can’t wait to see the latest revision, going crazy right now waiting for an update. Have probably watched the KS vid about a million times :laughing:

2 Likes