SSL 2 USB audio interface

I almost want to just buy this for the signal alone. What I’m worried about is someone else drops something cooler and I’m down 300US. This would be cool to record in and use softube console one for each channel I record. Let’s see how I feel before I hit the buy button tonight.

2 Likes

Nothing about USB 3.0, 3.1, or 3.1 Gen 2 is going to fix or reduce your latency issues on a two channel interface.

This is an entirely separate subject.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know that. If you read my whole post you would’ve seen that I conceded that.

And the last part I was admitting my error in equating usb-c to thunderbolt.
All clear now?

1 Like

No need to rush now, NAMM is a few days away. I can wait I am also interested in the new Presonus 2626 Thunderbolt interface

2 Likes

iOS friendly?!

It has a stereo button to switch the on board monitoring into stereo L+R mode. Top right, next to the monitor level knob.

1 Like

The manual is available on the site, and the product page is also comprehensive.

1 Like

Yes that Presonus looks pretty tasty-- if I wasn’t already set with my interface I would definitely be looking at that one.

1 Like

Ooooh I definitely see one of these in my future.

I just bought the SSL2. Will hopefully work great for field recordings with my MBP and for
videos with iPhone. Cant really complain about a device that cost as much as a guitar pedal and has these features. The simplicity got me.

5 Likes

boy this is just what I was looking for! The Audient iD4 has served me well, but I need that second input for the Pro 3 stereo outputs. It will be between one of these or the MOTU M2/M4

I’m not in the market and yet these both look very tempting. Would setting next to the computer while I work (non-music) and capture things from whatever gear I have near by.

I wonder if the sound quality will vary between computers. The filtering of the 5V power from USB must be really good. Just wish the line in VU meters had better resolution, headphone jack in the front and a better USB connector that prevents the cable from accidentally being disconnected.

Does the both input can be linked to be stereo input ?
This SSL 2+ can be interesting.

Yes

noice

*you can monitor in stereo so I take it you can record in stereo. Wait for an owner to validate that.

1 Like

I seem to recall someone on GS already having bought this, and being really happy with the DAC at least. On the go, unless recording serious, a good DAC is pretty much all one needs.

1 Like

I also put in an order for one of these. As I’m recording more acoustic stuff, definitely want that budget quality

1 Like