SRC Transfer app for iOS - Works again!?!

I know a lot of us were bummed when the SRC Transfer app for iPhone and iPad stopped working with newer versions of iOS… but apparently whatever compatibility issues there were in iOS have been resolved because I just reinstalled the app onto my iPhone and iPad and it actually works! Tested both on iOS 12.4.7 (iPad Air 1) and 13.5 (iPhone 11 Pro).

Combined with the big update from today, my iPad is back as a major accessory to the Digitakt!

1 Like

Whoa, that’s strange
Still, I don’t want to buy an abandoned app so I’ll probably just stick to Transfer

Yeah, agreed, I would be wary of shelling out $10 on it now, but if you previously paid for it then this is great news

1 Like

I’m tempted actually. Is it working for anyone else?

Curious

I bought it last week on the remote chance that it MIGHT work for the m:s. No dice. I don’t own a digitakt so I can’t comment on that. I would pay 3 or 4 times this for an iOS transfer app that worked for m:s

OK so I bit the bullet.

It’s working and is really Very fast but longer samples are not sounding right. Short ones are fine.

I’m using 1.20 on the Digitakt so I’ll upgrade and report back

1 Like

OK it still connects after the update. You just need to be in USB MIDI mode on the digitakt. But its still messing up the sounds.

That is to say? What about max length?

I bought this back when it came out. It stopped working and the developer went to become a goat herder in Antarctica and just left a steaming pile of poo behind.

I might check it out again though (since I own a license for it) but the newest firmware could make it somewhat irrelevant anyway.

This thread smells already a little bit strange, I know :wink:

Anyway, today I downloaded SRC Transfer from the depths of my Apple account and tested it with DT OS 1.5.

At first glance, everything looks good: The DT is recognized by the app, you can select samples and send them to the DT. The disappointment comes when you listen to the sample: It’s a total sonic mess. The result is maybe good for experimental stuff, but far away from the original sound.

What a load of crap. What I would give to be able to send audio files from the iPad to the DT. I really hope that Transfer will be ported from Elektron to the iPad/iPhone at some point.