SRC - Sample Transfer for iOS

You mean iPad <> Digitakt? Wow :astonished: I have iPad with lots of samples not on PC :wink:

1 Like

ŚAwesome, will try it out later tonight. Thanks! Oh but, donā€™t forget to make that lil app for Windows as well? I need to experienze ze magic of wifi

Liljedahl/Kymatica mentioned something about iOS11 messing up his sharing stuff, but that was a while ago now and Iā€™m pretty sure he said he was fixing it. Apps like AUM have direct/shared access to the same storage that Audioshare use, at least on iOS10.3.3. Other apps (like Gadget etc) opens up Audioshare and lets you import. Regardless tho I think that SRC should support importing zip files the good ol fashioned Apple way, ie you download a zip file with an iOS web browser, or fetch zip files from your NAS/network using using any of the countless of file handling apps on iOS, then use ā€œOpen inā€¦ā€ --> choose SRC. It might already support this, if it does, just forget all the words I just wrote:-)

EDIT: Open in/Copy to does work for zip files. Iā€™m not near any Digitakt at the moment, so SRC shows that waiting/cancel bar. Wav files can be moved to SRC the same way, although Iā€™m not seeing any waiting/cancel bar in the app on those. AudioCopy/General Pasteboard might be a useful addition for getting audio into SRC. What a nice and clean UI by the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where does it copy the sample to? Do you have any options for organizing what you load to the Digitakt?

2 Likes

You can set the DT destination dir on the appā€˜s main screen.

2 Likes

So it loads to the active directory on the Digitakt? That would work for me, temptingā€¦

1 Like

It loads to the destination you set in the app.

2 Likes

I see, are you able to create new folders from the app?

1 Like

yeah you/can/use/forward/slashes to create a deeper hierarchy

6 Likes

Okay okay, Iā€™ll give you $10 then :sunglasses:

1 Like

AudioShare copy to SRC is awsome btw :slight_smile: Great use of $10! Thanks!

3 Likes

thank you :metal:

I bought it as wellā€¦just looked at it, went in Audioshare and I wonderā€¦is there a sample preview?
They want to get loaded, but I couldnā€™t listen.

1 Like

no there isnā€™t - just use whatever the source of the sample is to preview a sound, in your case AudioShare, before sending it to SRC.

I wanted the transfers/UI be as frictionless as possible, so it will just dump anything you throw at it into your DT immediately :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone dropped any non audio files into the DT yet? Iā€™m interested in this!

3 Likes

Thanks, no problem, I create folders with samples to transfer anyway, just a question if I overlooked it.

Really glad that you made an app like this :+1:

1 Like

cant seem to get it to connect

does it say USB-MIDI at the top? In Options, have you disabled wireless? :thinking:

1 Like

For the first time, plug and unplug. I tried with both CCK cables and it works like a charm.

Youā€™re my hero @voidā€¦thanks for this very useful app.

2 Likes

Can you please let us know where we can access the Demon app?

1 Like

hm I could give you a scrappy version of it nowā€¦
been working on the UI for that today but then Xcode acted up so itā€™s not readyā€¦ uploading the earlier versionā€¦