Squarp Rample

Sampler from Squarp?

10 Likes

I hope so! I have been looking into the pyramid lately, but I will wait and see what this is first.

Also, at the top, it looks like it is saying waves system. Could just be implying audio waves, or maybe it is an instrument of sorts?

ā€¦ or ā€œwaves synth ā€¦ā€?

6 Likes

Good call. I see gain, pitch, and filter as well. So it could very well be a synth.

1 Like

They missed a trick not calling it Squample imo

2 Likes

interesting ā€¦ perhaps some kind of granular wavetable module?

I wonder why ā€˜RAMPLEā€™ though, seems an odd name,
random - sample?
RAM seems too technical to be used for a product name, unless its like random access sampleā€¦

perhaps has a kind of sample lock feature?

3 Likes

Rompler+sampler= RAMPLER? :thinking:

Edit: I see now itā€™s RAMPLE, sans final Rā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, it could just be their version of a Rompler. Maybe you can sample into into, and go from there with waveforms?

1 Like

It says Waves System and coming soon on their website itself. Colour me interestedā€¦

1 Like

Looks like an SD card protruding under the Squarp logo. If that is so, with the SD card on top, then it could possibly be eurorack.

3 Likes

Makes sense! ā€œAbleton-in-a-moduleā€ :tm:

2 Likes

Haha, better file that copyright soon, Iā€™m coming for it!

Very interested to see what happens!

I added some brightness filters to the photo, and what appears to be two eurorack mounting holes become visible.

2 Likes

The tags on that insta post mention synthesizers and eurorack so Iā€™m guessing it synthesizes and is for eurorack, not a stand alone sampler :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah, I am kind of bummed as well. I just donā€™t do much eurorack anymore. I think the pyramid has a couple of cool tricks up its sleeve, and I would like to see them do a standalone sampler, or synth, or something else with some of those features.

2 Likes

perhaps they can do like behringer, and make a small case/enclosure available (additional cost?) for itā€¦so you can use it with or without eurorack?

(actually koma field kit has this too!)

2 Likes

That would be cool idea.

ā‚¬299 - 4 voice sample, playing from sdcard - mid march 2020

(squarp website not fully functional yet :wink: )

4 Likes