Squarp Pyramid [compilation topic]

Weird question maybe, but for a polyphonic track how many notes per step are the maximum? Seems like current gen hardware sequencers allow max 4 note chords, but I have ten fingers…

as many as you want
the Pyramid is basically Ableton midi clips in a box

as many as you want
the Pyramid is basically Ableton midi clips in a box[/quote]
Can you import midi files from Ableton into the Pyramid?

as many as you want
the Pyramid is basically Ableton midi clips in a box[/quote]
Can you import midi files from Ableton into the Pyramid?[/quote]
Yes you can import midi clips via computer by copying a midi track to your Pyra Project and name it after the track number you want it on.

1 Like

Pre-ordered mine today !!
I think it will be sick with the 16 part multitimbrality of the Virus TI and 12 Rytm tracks.

I’m planning to sequence the Rytm tracks individually from the Pyramid. I’m thinking this will make the sync really tight between the Virus and Rytm.
Pyramid will send clock to Virus so I can jam freely from the keyboard with Virus arp running in Played as mode. These notes can be recorded by pyramid of course. And can obviously use arp on Pyramid as well, sometimes the interaction of both raps running can be cool too.

BTW I’m loving running the Virus through the Big Sky reverb, the shimmer reverb gives this whole other airy layer above the original sound. It feels like the original sound is not even touched.

I have major GAS if you haven’t noticed ;-))) boy I’m high

1 Like

Your wishes will be realised.

I can’t resist to the pleasure of sharing this video wich trone on the squarp forum, because i love the MMT8, and i really understand this point of view.

1 Like

Hey Girls & Boys, new Pyramid

PyraOs V0.85
9 march 2016

Bug fixes

● HOLD and RELATCH features in LIVE mode now works when OMNI mode is OFF.
● Accelerometer assignation now works. Tilt Pyramid back and forth while holding ASSIGN to enter the assignation manager.
● Error 9604 with external pitch automation solved.
● Copy notes in stepmode CHORD now works.
● Leds are now updated when you change the scale tonality in LIVE mode.
● Din SYNC 48 is fixed. We also added SYNC 1 & SYNC 96 settings.
● “Track restart from the beginning when unmuted” bug fixed.
● “Problem with unexpected TAP BPM” fixed.
● “Problem with CC messages received via MIDI IN and not sent via MIDI OUT” fixed.
● “Recording notes with the CV input creates stuck notes” fixed
New features

● Global track transpose, step transpose, selected steps transpose (hold REC or hold a step, rotate the menu encoder).
● Automation step-lock style (hold a step, rotate the menu encoder).
● Automation drawing with touchpad (hold REC, slide the touchpad).
● Simply press ASSIGN to activate the “Encoder step edit” feature.
● “Encoder step edit” feature improved, now works with the touchpad.
● Mute/unmute tracks are now in sync (depending on the PERFORM option in SEQ mode).
● Save sequence mute states on/off (press REC in TRACK mode).
● TRACK mode DISP view improved, leds flashes when tracks send midi events.
● Beat progression and sequence progression in SEQ mode.
● Assign CC MESSAGES or FX PARAMETERS to analog inputs (hold assign and plug a jack into CV in or GATE in).
● PYRAMiDi implementation chart, to control Pyramid with an external controller.
● SAVE settings and SAVE track channels (accessible via SETTINGS menu).
● Metronome ON/OFF (press 2ND + REC).
● New I/O pictograms: CV in, CV out, USB in.
● Default track parameters loaded at startup (zoom, length, time signatures) in SETTINGS > MISC.
● Now you can play with an external keyboard (midi in) and change modes (LIVE, STEP, TRACK, SEQ) without stopping the external keyboard notes events.
● You can now assign the ENV CV output to the din sync clock, to easily sync your modular system with a mini jack (SETTINGS > CV/PEDAL > ASSIGN ENV OUT > DIN SYNC).
● You can now send the din sync clock only when the player is playing.
● Better led brightness and states.
● You can now scroll the track banks (tr01A>tr07A, tr08A>tr16A, tr01B>tr07B, …) in TRACK mode DISP with the main encoder.

HavFun

1 Like

Received mine today, have’nt spent much time with it yet, but the arp is fun and the MIDI sync is TIGHT.

1 Like

Could you tell me, what the sequencer resolution is, please? I can’t find it in the net :frowning:

There should be something mentioned like pulses per quarter note. (Example: a MPC 1k has 96 pqn, a MPC 5k 960 pqn).

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Could you tell me, what the sequencer resolution is, please? I can’t find it in the net :frowning:

There should be something mentioned like pulses per quarter note. (Example: a MPC 1k has 96 pqn, a MPC 5k 960 pqn).

Thanks in advance :D[/quote]
96ppq

1 Like

Obviously, it is much more powerful than Elektron’s ‘sequencer’ because it is dedicated sequencer. Comparing it to Cirklon would make more sense.

1 Like

Thanks in advance :D[/quote]
96ppq[/quote]
Thank you very much for this prompt answer. :smiley:

What is the Octatrack sequencer resolution pqn ?

The OT is a step sequencer, so the answer is a little complicated:
You can think of it as 16 steps per bar, which is 4 ppqn, and use of a tempo multiplier of 2X takes that to 8 ppqn BUT the OT’s micro timing feature allows you to nudge individual events slightly off the grid.

1 Like

The OT is a step sequencer, so the answer is a little complicated:
You can think of it as 16 steps per bar, which is 4 ppqn, and use of a tempo multiplier of 2X takes that to 8 ppqn BUT the OT’s micro timing feature allows you to nudge individual events slightly off the grid.[/quote]
Just to add this … the microtiming allows very sensitive groove oriented nudging over a wide range in very small steps. You can almost nudge an event from the center position to touch the next event in the next step. The resolution for this range is quite high.

The “limitation” is that there is only one trigger per slot for all notes, p-locks etc…

@buzz

How is your experience with the pyramid so far?
Im also thinking about ordering one myself…

I’m still getting the hang of things, and have only used a few of the many features.

I use it to sequence my Vitus TI and to send transport and Midi sync to the Rytm. I’d have to say I am very impressed and I think it will be a classic. I just love how tight it keeps the sync between say the Virus arp and the percussion playing on the Rytm. Also the Euclid sequencer can make for some funky syncopated fun.
The smart pads are great for the non classically trained musician. Can play scales and chords soo easily. I think they have really nailed what a hardware sequencer should do. I’d give it a 10

1 Like

Thanks man, sounds really good.

I have a virus ti, roland integra 7 and a octatrack and i need something to sequence them all. Im also interested in the sequentix cirklon but that machine is so expensive.

The pyramid could be the perfect sequencer for me.

I also like the fact that the squarp team keeps updating the pyraOS

I think im over, i am gonna order one a.s.a.p

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: just do it if you dare

Who dares win :joy:

Goddammit. I had pretty much ignored this thing until I read this thread yesterday, and now I’m really thinking about putting in a preorder. Kinda seems like the sequencer of my dreams, although I’m still a bit unsure about the pattern limitations. Also, I see that it has midi filtering, but I’m not seeing what it allows you to filter.