Squarp Pyramid [compilation topic]

A post was split to a new topic: Squarp Hermod

Did you solve your problem? By staring you mean transport, I guess. You need to tell the AR to receive transport signals and tell the Pyramid to send the clock, on the chosen output. It was straightforward in my case. If you still have a problem, let me know if I can help.

so i’ve only read the quick start and most of this thread but I have some questions about tempo. What is the relationship of tracks/sequences/patterns patterns? Is there flexibility in sequencing tempo changes and the like?

Thanks

^ Well there is a BPM fx which can be automated or manually controlled to change global tempo, I have never used this feature personally but I should imagine it would do what you wanted, based on my experience using the other fx which are pretty flexible and robust.

Just have to say that I still don’t really get the point of the BPM fx…I’d find it much more useful if it operated per track instead of globally, so you could offset the track BPM from the global BPM to get some wild variations. But whatever, I don’t use every feature on my Monomachine either.

The Pyramid is still the single most important piece of gear I have, and I’m not sure how I ever worked without it. Very much looking forward to whatever the upcoming 3.0 update brings. If you’re on the fence but it seems useful to you, buy one.

4 Likes

Hi everyone!
Reposting my question from Squarp’s own forum, in the hopes that here I might get the answer sooner. This forum seems much more active, so who knows.
Thank you!

So:

Whenever I try to switch the “USB” line to “On” inside the “Misc” category I get this:

I want to run it through the BomeBox via usb but it seems like I got stuck on that error and on the BomeBox not seeing the Pyramid.
Like, at all.
But at the same time BomeBox sees everything else.
Help me if you can, please.

Edit:

Turns out that was a crash caused by (conclusion me and tech support came to) a faulty USB line. Replacing it made everything work.

1 Like

New OS! http://squarp.community/t/pyraos-v3-beta-now-available-to-download/825

CUSTOM CHORDS
DUPLICATE
CONSOLIDATE
5 FX PER TRACKS
ASSIGN PER TRACK
MASTER ASSIGN
ANALOG SYNC IN
NEW ARP STYLES
SEND CLOCK WHEN LOADING PROJECT
CC+NOTE DEFINTION
CALL INSTRUMENT
POLYMETRIC LOOPER
NEW SEQUENCE ACTIONS

http://squarp.net/PYRAOSV3.pdf

5 Likes

Hmm, looks like the note and cc definitions will be great for using Pyramid as a controller for the Elektrons!

1 Like

Wow that’s a beefy update :muscle:

1 Like

Always liked the look of this machine and great to see this update.
I wonder is it now ‘mature’ and what squarp have up their sleeve? There was there recent eurorack debut of course.
My QY700 is feeling a bit threatened as my old-synth-OTB-hub.

New arp modes: tasty update. Analogue clock input available now. Pamela’s new workout will have fun with that, she is such a good clock :wink:
I was under impression they were not going to add anymore features but just bug fix.
Great work Squarp !!

2 Likes

Great thanks to the Squarp Team for their gifts.

Wouaou, looks like cool upgrade of the OS.
I was waiting since long time, this sequencer gain in maturity.
Now let’s test the Beta.
Au travail les Pyramidos !

2 Likes

I really appreciate the custom chords. I didn’t try to reach the limits, but I made 8 notes chords on the smartpads, and it works. So it’s a major features that I was waiting for. Critical chords and Stravinsky’ones (for example) can be programmed. No more 4notes chords limitations, hability to quickly get upper or lower octaves.
So good, so fun.

1 Like

Was playing around with definitions for the Roland Boutiques today, such a fun setup using them with the Pyramid now, p-locking CC’s by name really makes a difference to the workflow and brings an almost Elektron style feel, something that is really cool is having cc locks on different tracks then using rotate to move the cc in relation to the notes.

It would be great if Elektron could implement definitions for external midi gear.

5 Likes

Just a heads up that there have been a couple of updates since, now you can have 16 definitions, analog sync in has start/stop option and some bug fixes.

Really enjoying all the new features on the Pyramid it is becoming a very powerful beast, I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a decent standalone midi sequencer.

7 Likes

Just want to mention that this is not the case. In the last few months, 2 updates have been released. Highly recommend it if you’re not looking for a traditional sequencer.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Pyramid syncs to a swung midi clock?

Yes they seem to have done a u-turn and started updating it again, it was the announcement on their website last year that stated there would be no more development why I returned mine.

Kilpatrick said that it would be possible to edit the patterns in the future which was an essential feature for me, then a few months later announced that development was finished and no new features would happen.

Maybe they have a lot of stock left which prompted them to change their mind? It actually put me off of buying any more open source commercial products, because it seems to be an easy way for a company to ‘wash their hands’ and let paying customers continue to develop the product, or not as was the case with Carbon.

Given that it is a similar price point to Pyramid for me it was a no brainier to switch, Pyramid does everything that Carbon does x1000 and has had lots of updates adding features. It is a shame though because I think Carbon could have had a place in my setup as a CV/Gate sequencer, but I found its very basic feature set too limiting.

1 Like

No it doesn’t. It has an algorithm that prevents this to account for master devices with a sloppy clock, kind of a shame, but you can set tracks to have their own swing.

1 Like

@zfigz I just noticed from the update list you posted in the Carbon thread that it now has the ability to edit the gate patterns.

1 Like