Squarp Pyramid [compilation topic]

Shoot! Why do no sequencers do this?! Maybe it’s just me, but it seems like a pretty obvious thing to implement.

Thanks!

No it’s not just you. Some people already asked it on the Squarp forum. I think that here, Darenager was one of them.
Hope that could be on a future OS :slight_smile:

1 Like

To dream is the zenith of humanity.

Thanks @elenacortes!

1 Like

Hee Yentz, sorry to hear that! Due to the many options and possibilities and can in some cases become cumbersome to get to the feature you’d like instantly. Nevertheless, the many features also prevent you from walking into a dead-end somewhere down the road. Still very much enjoying mine and enjoying the fact that new features are added on almost every firmware update… It’s been an excellent journey so to say! :wink:

1 Like

does the pyramid have OT style “plays free” - but actually functional?
cheers

Whaat…? Sounds promising/interesting!

Well, that was 3 days ago. Any news on what it was about? I literally ordered a Pyramid on Sunday - if they come out with a updated hardware, I’ll puke.

2 Likes

Well yep, I just bought a second hand unit…

I just ordered one yesterday. I doubt it’s a replacement, as they are constantly refining the PyraOS. But I wonder what “new box for Pyramid” could mean? New chassis?

I’ve sent them an email, asking to cancel my order if a newer model is on the way. I will let you know what I find out.

I’m looking to buy a Pyramid in the next month or so, so will hang on to see what’s in store from them, but to be honest, the Pyramid is already mightily impressive, so I’d be happy with the existing model.

I did a search and just found a video showing the Pyramid being used with a bunch of other gear (I guess that’s the “new hardware setups?”). It’s been a few days and nothing new is on the site. My guess is it was just a bunch of hype.

EDIT: here’s the link

https://www.superbooth.com/en/squarp-instruments.html

In the Sonic State video the guy from Squarp mentions that he is using a revised version of the hardware at around 6:24 into the video. I’m not sure if he is talking about the version without the accelerometer (I though they removed that shortly after release), or something else. I tried to get a good look of the device on freeze frame and the only thing that looks different to me is the touch pad, looks larger and recessed into the unit a little to me, though I’m not sure if that’s just the lighting.

1 Like

That is DEFINITELY different than the Pyramid shown on their website. The touchpad video is not only larger and recessed, it also has square corners as opposed to the rounded corners as shown on their site.

Very interesting. Hopefully I will get an email back saying the one I just ordered on the weekend is the newer design.

1 Like

I just bought a used one. Grumble-grumble :confused:

Don’t grumble yet guys, changed doesn’t necessarily mean improved (for the buyer), it may be a revision that improves Squarps bottom line and / or their ability to keep it at the current price point. If it’s just a case that they’ve cut a hole in the main panel and mounted a different touchpad underneath, I’d prefer the one with the single fascia touchpad I think. That said, we don’t know if there’s any other changes to the pyramid that enables other features, that are not available on current builds, that remains to be seen. I suppose that would cause some complaints, and rightly so.

I’m looking forward to more info. I’m surprised they’ve already mentioned PyraOS 2.0. Version 1.5 isn’t even out of beta yet. You can’t fault them for the development pace, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

My heart is dreaming of an organized flow for odd timing across multiple bars! 7/8, 7/4 here I come!

Hey Ryan, don’t feel spoiled, I have the same Pyramid than you, and it’s already a very nice sequencer. New pad or new inscriptions on the box aren’t important improvement, the most important is the OS. And we all know that it will be soon on 2.0
So be happy to have a Pyramid, very unique sequencer.
I played yesterday all night with it, it’s a real pleasure and a formidable tool for creation, mainly if you don’t have ideas of what to do. Just plug it and test differents combination of fx and cc and the core of your future song will appear. A bit like pottery, the nice piece emerge from the clay.
Be happy to have it cause it gives life to your old gear.
Be happy to have it cause it brings you the habilities of a great piano player, playing chords as you never did, with one finger.
Finaly, just be happy.
:)))

3 Likes

It’s a pleasure to be playing on the same Pyramid model as you and that makes me very happy :slight_smile:

Ha ha ! Cool.
Our mood influence our sound.
Naturaly, I’m found of strange sounds and music that induce fear and tension (a bit line if we were near the nest of aliens), but it’s a great reward to bring smile on dancers face. To reach that aim we must be happy.
Forgive me to pirate the thread with poor and common philosophy.
I do really love my Pyramid. Test it, buy it.

1 Like