Spoken Word (Something a little different!)

Yeah, I had a lovely hand built Fender Deluxe Reverb clone built last August (with some extras, has added tube FX loop, master gain control and a negative feedback on/off switch), but not tried micing that with the 48T yet. I also bought a nice DI and reamp device, so I can send anything from the PC/mastering console through the amp, but again not had much time to experiment! Too buy playing guitar and mastering (14 projects so far this year, unheard of for me, hope it carries on this way!) Will be fun to send the AK through that too. :slight_smile: (Reminds me, need to solder some balanced cables for that to the console, not enough time in the day!)

Yes, it will be fun with the reamping thing as it will actually finally allow me to properly experiment with positioning. Can run stuff on loop and just spend ages with mic and cans getting the sound perfect. It’s very hard to do the placing and listening whilst also trying to play something, nigh on impossible I’d say.

2 Likes

Indeed! It can be a lot of trial and error to move mics around, record, listen, move mics, record, etc etc etc. Not being “on the clock” allows the time to experiment, but life itslf is rarely as accommodating!

1 Like