Speculation: Machinedrum Mk3?

+1

I dont want a Mk3,
then Iā€™d have to buy one. :joy:

1 Like

HQ dont want be overrap md mk2 & new analog drummachine each other IMO.
As a4 got cv possibility, not midi. (For mnm)

Soā€¦ Something newā€¦ Ex) analog Modular drum machine, etc etc.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m happy with my silver box, I donā€™t think we need a Mk3 but a software update would be nice.

My only real gripe is not being able to save individual sounds. Iā€™d love to be able to have a folder of my favorite Kicks, Snares, Hats etc to scroll through when putting a new track together, it would speed up the workflow a lot.

How do you guys work with/around this?

But if I could have one more wish it would be different pattern lengthsā€¦

A list like the octatrackā€¦ that be the bombā€¦ but i dont see that happening
(I think the a4 does the same) I would like this for the monomachine as well.

anywaysā€¦ I am sure with the monomachine, you can copy machines from 1 kit to anotherā€¦ thus, you can have a bank just filled with groovy sounds, and copy themā€¦ Even did this myself on a few projectsā€¦

Never tried it on my machinedrumā€¦ but i bet, you can just copy the current
machine to another patternā€¦ thus copying the current sound. try it in the kit-editor (where you load new machines into a track)

if i am wrong, i am sorry. never tested this (on the machinedrum)
making a synthy-sound can take allot more time then dailing up a drum.
so i had less need for it on my machinedrum, so i never tested it

Never tried it on my machinedrumā€¦ but i bet, you can just copy the current
machine to another patternā€¦ thus copying the current sound. [/quote]

This can certainly be done, but the limitation is that a kitā€™s sounds depend heavily on the settings in the Master Effects section. Copying will work well enough if youā€™re not adjusting those settings from kit to kit.

i wonder if there is any intend to update the current MD OS?
micro timing would be so pretty darn sweet - and would make a lot sense for a drum machine i think
(and an OT style arp for midi machines)

Love the MD, Iā€™d be happy with OS upgrade only.

+1 on the ARP for MIDI machines.

I have used a behringer BCR for a while but hated that there is no MIDI feedback for the controller values, the tiny leds around the knobs could reflect what is in the MD sequence.

Iā€™d love to chain more than 2 patterns in pattern mode.

It would be nice to be able to label sections in Song mode, I have complete sets saved as one song, with repeating blocks, but Iā€™d love to be able to see some markings helping me when play live. Maybe to insert a line with words with no sequencing function, solely for information or to be able to have a line or more with inverse graphics (white on black background) so I can see different sections at a glance.

Whatever they do next, it will not be what we expect and i cant wait!

Id be happy with a OS update though.

I hope they donā€™t make a MK3. I hate it when companies constantly release products that put the end customer at odds with the products they already own from that same company (likeā€¦Apple for example). Elektron seems to be way to innovative to go down that road.

And I prefer that they keep the face plate silver in any case. Not only for visual consistency (which Elektron seems to struggle with), but because I think it looks better than the black. I also prefer the square buttons.

I think we ALL agree though, an OS update for the MD is always welcome! An FM model drum synth would be sickness!

You can do this - Iā€™ve chained every pattern in a bank before. You do it the same way, just hit more buttons.

MD Software only updates that could be made easily
Iā€™d love to see microtiming - it could easily be integrated as a function of swing - like a p-lock per trig swing. So you could go into swing menu, hold down the trig, and tweak the swing there. If it went less than 50% then itā€™d be like shifting the note forward.
Microtiming solved.

Individual track lengths as well could be easily integrated. Simply be in track edit mode and edit the pattern length there. Could even have the all / track selection similar to what swing has.

Iā€™d also like a more powerful accent feature. I imagine you could hold down the accent button, tweak some params, and this new param set is your ā€˜accentā€™.
As is now I donā€™t find it useful - p-locks have it covered.

You can do this!
All you have to do is hold down the Pattern Bank selection key while at the same time pressing the Pattern Number keys youā€™d like to chain together, at the same time!

The sequencer will hold onto the patterns you have selected until you either select another pattern (individual or a combo), or until you hit the STOP key twice. Hitting the the STOP key only once will retain your chained patterns, so you donā€™t have to reselect the chain every time you stop.

1 Like

Man that would be sweet. But I think the OT is kinda like a MK3

1 Like

An analog Machinedrum with all those Elektron goodies. That would be the new star on the analog drummachine market.

Jomox XBase 888/999 the user Interface is much too analog :wink:

MFB TanzbƤr is way to small for itā€™s Features (I am getting old and my fingers too).

Acidlab Miami is too limited.

I personally donā€™t get the hype about an analog drum machine. The palette on the Machinedrum is certainly not lacking, and if you want an analog drum machine canā€™t the A4 already do that - plus those nice melodic features?

Just seems that a proper 16 voice analog drum thing would be 4 times the synth A4 is and likely very expensive.

Think it could get a lot more creative than simply MD with analog sound generation vs digital - I dare say the digital UW is the best part of the machinedrum.

The A4 cant do what an Analog MD could. Soundwise yes. Outright fun, speed and usability not close.

Probably would be pricey. Iā€™d buy one without hesitation though.

voice per voice the A4 sounds far better than the MD, but some of the pure drum machine strength in the MD is that it actually has 16 tracks. I use my A4 for drums all the time, but with 4 voices you quickly run out. I donā€™t really expect them to go for it, but an 12-track analog drum machine based on simplified versions of the A4 voices combined with a UW samplebank would be fantastic for me. We already have the UW in Machinedrum of cource, but couple that with the A4 sequencer and access to on-board, voice-for-voice analog filters and overdrive and you have an alltogether very different beast than both the A4 and MDUW.

Or they could make something with obscene polyphony, like an Access Virus, elektron style of cource :slight_smile:

Oh, and even tho I really donā€™t think this will happen, eurorack Elektron sequencer could have a nice market, just look at the Acidlab sequencer modules

The A4 cant do what an Analog MD could. Soundwise yes. Outright fun, speed and usability not close.

Probably would be pricey. Iā€™d buy one without hesitation though.

[/quote]
seconded!

I have to think they are working on it. The R&D can take some time, so Iā€™m not holding out for any time soon.

How would you feel if the three LFOsā€™s space on the Routing page could be used as aux sends for the extra outputs (for instance CD&E)? You can already control them via the LFO page. Ultimately this could be an optional setting in the Global Slot Menu for preference and backwards compatibility. Best would be a 100% dry to 100% wet sweep (post vol but not level) so you could use this as an alternative output stored per kit and not per Global Slot.

I like the MD just the way it is, digital. I canā€™t see that an analog drum machine would be called MachineDrum at all.

Surely a couple of tweaks in the OS canā€™t be that hard, its just code. Option of rounded triangle in BD2 machine for bang on 909 kicks. An attack parameter to control a soft attack rather than using the LFO on that. A decay slope parameter to simulate compressed, pumped on every machine. A second delay and reverb in the master section. None of these changes affect the concept, just expand it.

B