Spare OT

So, I have had an OT for years. It has been a fairly faithful tool for years. I use it as the brain of rig, outputting clock and pattern change info to my A4, and Digitone and controlling MIDI controllable parameters in for those devices as well, sequencing other gear, and of course playing percussion and other sample. BUT it is one of those OTs where Elektron could never quite figure out why only one channel of the Headphone Output works, and from time to time a button (the internal switch) needs to replaced. I repair those myself but I must say, I worry each time I do it that I am risking messing it up in permanent sense.

At any rate, I bought a MKII and now I find myself with two OTs. I am not sure I could sell the MKI for much, given the headphone output thing and the home-repairs etc. So, if I keep it what should I use it for? I have an A4, Digitone, and very modest modular rig with Mutable Instruments Ring and Braids as sound sources. When I play I tend to use all the gear. So I could, say, use it as just another sound source, but I do not really need to. I have plenty enough sonic choice. I was thinking maybe routing two Aux send to the two inputs and ultimately passing all my devices through the one OT for sound mangling of the whole rig. Or maybe I could go mixer less and use the two OTs in tandem. I would have enough inputs on the two OTs to do that. Or I could use the MKI as “master sample” sampling “entire pieces” from the rig and very mush reducing the complexity of what I bring to show, or, or…or? What are your thoughts?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Workflow with two OT