South Germany

Sounds great. Enjoy!
Regensburg and Nürnberg are also quite nice.

If you are interested in cars you could also check out the BMW Museum! :slight_smile:

both really nice too.
Regensburg is lovely

Great timing!
I’m starting a new job and I’ll be in Munich from August 1st to 12th.
Happy to meet any Elektronauts, I’ll bring the Sp-404 MKii.

And nice suggestions

In Munich a must is watching the surfers surf the river wave in the big garden.

In Heidelberg the castle is really nice. Forget mannheim, that would be a waste of time imo

2 Likes

Kunsthalle, Museum of Technology („Technoseum“), Reiss-Engelhorn Museum, live music at Alte Feuerwache, the baroque castle, Luisenpark. The quadratic layout of the city center, need I go on to prove you wrong?

We just spent our vacation road tripping central Germany (me, my wife and 2 kids (2 and 4 years old).

Frankfurt was actually a big surprise for us, such a nice city. “Financial center of Germany” sounded so dull when we read about it. But it was actually a kind of mini Manhattan (so ofc. your opinion depends on what you are after and where you are from).

2 Likes

Legoland for the kids and you get your nice beer there too.

I know monnem quite well actually. My wife used to live in the quadraten.

Maybe I saw too much of it, but I never found it interesting. Tastes vary.

2 Likes

It’s a longish train ride away (2:26) but Garmish Partenkirchen is really nice if you want a close view of the Alps. The train ride to Germanys tallest mountain (and a small glacier) is nice. Also there a couple of narrow gorges to explore.

And when I’m Munich, don’t forget to go to the river in the park, where people go surfing.

Have a nice trip

Thomas

2 Likes

Would love to go to Garmisch again, last time must have been in the eighties (damn).

Höllentalklamm, fuck yeah. Could be pretty crowded though. Please be smart and check the weather forecast! A few people got flushed last year.

2 Likes

MOMEN (Note: it’s in Frankfurt but it’s not that far from Heidelberg ;-))

https://momem.org

-> Sven Väth exhibition prolonged until end of october

Enjoy your trip, stay safe & have a lot of fun :v:

2 Likes

South of Munich I would recommend to visit Bad Tölz and the Tegernsee! Really nice places. Stranded there for a few days when my car broke down on the way to Italy a few years ago

1 Like

The whole family loved the Alps, both the mountains and the lakes… Bavaria in summer is gorgeous!

Regensburg made me think of Italian cities somehow, it’s impressive to learn that you can reach the Black Sea on the Danau, crossing so many countries… Improbable river.

Currently in Nürnberg, was für eine schöne Stadt!
Thunder right now is epic…

4 Likes

Nice. :slightly_smiling_face:
Schönen Aufenthalt in Nürnberg!
Bavaria has quite a few beautiful places for sure.ä :slightly_smiling_face:
I grew up here but there is still much to discover

1 Like

I had a thunder storm here in Munich last night and today I finally had time to visit the city, gorgeous and sooo clean!

2 Likes

Thank you for the mention! I’ll check that out in a few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

We had a really nice time in Heidelberg, last day with a good walk from Neckargemünd to Heidelberg through the forest, ending on an incredible view on the Rhine valley…

We all enjoyed South Germany a lot, I hadn’t anticipated this much. It was definitely a great family time :thup:

Thank you everyone for your advices!

4 Likes