Sounds in Kit change when swiching patterns

Quite new to the Monomachine, and still learning, but i got this strange problem.

I made a cool FM + SID engine drumkit. I saved it and gave it a name.
Then i use this kit on pattern A2 to make a cool beat with noisy hats and FM kickdrums.
Again i save the kit.

now when i browse patterns, lets say to A1 or A3, and then go back to A2, the sounds in the kit sound different. The hihats are not as noisy anymore and that FM kickdrum is in the wrong tune.

the strange thing is that if i come from pattern A1 to A2, the pattern sounds different then coming from A3 to A2. If i reboot the machine, again my kit sounds different. It’s like i cant thrust the Kit i save at all at the moment. Makes things a bit difficult.

A1 and A3 patterns use a different kit.
What am i doing wrong to get this kind of strange behavior?

you need to save it under a different name then. it’s simply not possible to retain the settings of a previous kit after you have overwritten it with different settings. of course, you can link as many Patterns manually with the same kit you want. you can also edit the patterns, but if you want a kit on, let’s say, A1 and a different variation of the same kit on Pattern A2, you need to save that kid under a different name as well.

wenn du’s immer noch nicht verstanden hast erkläre ich es dir auf deutsch. das ist etwas einfacher.

All three patterns have different kits. I know how kits and patters work. Its just that the kit in pattern A2 doesnt sound the same anymore after playing other patterns that use different kits. And the canges in sound are different depending on the pattern that was played previously. No tweaking. Just playing a bunch of patterns.

Did a full factory reset, and it seems to have fixed this strange event, since i could not thrust the kits i saved.

I’m a bit confused by this. Could you maybe walk us through step by step exactly how you got to the point you’re at? Even though you say you understand how kits/patterns work, it seems to me that’s not quite the truth.

This could possibly be due to any p locks you put in place. These will change the way your kit sounds on a specific pattern if you’ve locked, say, the filter settings or decay settings or anything really. This could give you the impression of “my kit sounds different.” Try clearing all p locks (there’s a quick way to do it but idr)

It sounds to me like this wasn’t a bug but rather a misunderstanding. It’s okay, when I first got the MnM I had similar headaches and also performed a factory reset. I even lost all my data because I didn’t save a snapshot…

Have a look through this thread

And this

did you did Parameterlocks?
dude, Parameterlocks will not be saved with Kits. they’re sequencer exclusive!

I dont know how to explain this better, but …

Pattern A1 - Kit 1
Pattern A2 - Kit 2
Pattern A3 - Kit 3

All patterns are ready and all kits saved. All use parameterlocks.

My A2 uses the FM engines mainly and all sounds required really precise sounds.

Not when i play A1 all is ok. Then i switch to A2 the fm sounds sound a bit off. Not like i just saved with the kit2.

Then i continue to play A3, all is good there.

Then i switch back to A2 and the sounds are again off, but slightly different than just a moment ago. Hats chaged, fm percs tuning different ect.

So my pattern A2 - kit 2 tends to change slightly in sound depending what pattern i played previously (that dont use the same kit at all).

I reboot the thing and start straight with A2 and it sounds again a bit different.

The precisely tweaked fm percs and hats that i saved with the kit did not seem no be saved well and any point, and kept changing. I was not tweaking the sound at any point. Some times i also had engines go totally mute on me. All this trouble i was experiencing disappeared with the factory reset, and “luckily” i can not reproduce it anymore. Muted engined also do not bug me anymore, so i do not know why my kits kept changing. I fully understand the “problems” posted here from those older threads so its not that i do not get kits and patterns and plocks.

Very interesting. Yes it appears you do have a handle on how things are saved.

Is it at all possible kit 2 on A2 had some LFO settings you forgot about? Maybe you accidentally left the depth on just a little bit on a few tracks? Twiddle a knob you didn’t mean to and forgot about it? That would explain weird changes to pitch/timbre that is different every time.

1 Like

u need a brand new power supply

As i said, my problems are gone after a factory reset. PSU is fine :slight_smile: