Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK (multitrack usb mixer)

Never do this if you don’t want to smell some smoke in your studio!!
The different input on monitors are not isolated from others!!!
Common mistake!!!

Common mistake!!![/quote]
Thanks for warning me… :+1:

1 Like

I saw a kinder review of a Signature 12 on MW, but it was the non-MTK version.
K-Mix is now winning the race, in my own search for a new mixer. Its in production, and should integrate nicely with AUM on iPad.

Common mistake!!![/quote]

Yeah. Good to know. I wanted to connect RCA from my phono preamp to the monitors while connecting my interface at the same time. Is this still ill-advised if I’m only using one input at a time, never both at the same time?

Hello i was all that in mind at the moment too. Soundcraft 12 MTK and 22 MTK are not released for now. I had the Signature 12 in my hands for few days and i find it nice especially the DBX limiter (but only Two on the Signature 12) and medium parametric is nice also… the downside to me is the weight because if you go gigs or live set with the machines you only have around 20 kg (sorry i’m french) 44pounds

And it goes very fast… I try Soundcraft UI16 and i find it nice but it lack of recording multitrack only stereo bounce on usb key…

To me the 22 MTK should be nice in studio but you can’t move it. (Midas Venice surely probably a better investment in the studio way) The 12 MTK is ok but still weight too much

So probably the best options are Keith mac millen K-Mix if 8 inputs (so 4 stereo machines) or Behringer AIR XR18 (if needed more inputs)
and weight is ok. You have compressor, EQ, reverb… with both. (more capabilities in this territory with the XR18 as the Kmix is only 1 master reverb)
on both you solved the need of motorized faders

I probably go on the XR18 or X18 (a bit cheaper but a bit heaviest than the XR18)

What about the Behringer UFX1204 or UFX1604, anyone know if they are any good?

I have a UFX1204 which admittedly I have not used a whole pile yet but it works perfectly for what I need.

In terms of build quality it’s great. Sound quality and noise wise seem fine too, maybe a little obvious noise when you have the gains cranked but that’s part of the charm of an analog mixer I guess. I have no mics so I never checked the preamps yet.

The interface is great and the best thing about it. I save on desk space as I don’t need both a mixer and an interface now.

Cheap too. I recommend!

You can’t lift 44 pounds?
How old are you?

Weight is Plane relative… :stuck_out_tongue:

:+1:

Seems mid/end MAY this year… seems to be the new arrival date in Europe :stuck_out_tongue:
For the 12 and 22 MTK

There’s a review of the 22 MTK in the latest Sound On Sound.

Pretty sure it’s going to hit the shops soon.

PART OF THE REVIEW (Full review is available to soundonsound)

(…) so I connected a single USB cable between that and the 22 MTK, and sure enough there it was in the audio device list — the 22 MTK is class-compliant, so no additional drivers are necessary on Mac OS. It should, and did, just… work! The multitrack output is always track‑for‑track, ie. channel 1 will be input 1 in your DAW input list and so on, but of course routing
within the recording software application is whatever you want it to be.
For live work, one of the most useful tools available with full digital mixers is the ability to carry out a ‘virtual soundcheck’, where the band can be recorded live during a real soundcheck, after which the engineer has the luxury of playing the captured multitrack over again and making fine adjustments long after the performers have left to satisfy their special dietary requirements. Alternatively, a pre‑recorded multitrack can be used to get everything checked out before the musicians even arrive. This highly desirable feature is possible on the analogue 22 MTK thanks
to the USB interface, and can be used in exactly the same way. The USB 2.0 interface is stated as compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Mac OS 10.7
‘Lion’ through to 10.11 ‘El Capitan’ if you have already made the leap.

Best Of British
In a review of any manageable length, it’s impossible to go into depth about every feature on such a well-specified desk as the Signature 22 MTK. Every potential buyer will have his or her own requirements and expectations, and there is more detail available on the Soundcraft web site, which you should definitely check out if you’re in the market. in my own view, though, this attractive and flexible little console is a highly desirable analogue mixer in its own right. The Signature 22 MTK has an abundance of goodies built right in — Ghost preamps, Lexicon effects, asymmetric EQ and so on — in a highly flexible and nicely laid-out design. Add to this the multitrack USB interface, and this console will surely become a favourite for live shows and studios alike. As a recording interface, the audio performance is impressive and very stable. I certainly didn’t experience any setup or configuration issues, as it all worked like a charm straight out of the box. I can think of several events where one of these would have been an ideal resource, and the sheer simplicity of operation and audio quality must make the 22 MTK worthy of serious consideration wherever a small‑format mixer with a decent input count and computer interfacing is part of the requirement.

(written by M i k e C r o f t s)

“As a recording interface, the audio performance is impressive and very stable. I certainly didn’t experience any setup or configuration issues, as it all worked like a charm straight out of the box.”

Nice.

I gotta say, the “no XLR aux outs” con Mike Croft lists is a bit nit-picky for the price point. I hear him on the inserts, though. But at least that can be solved with a patchbay.

Also, I know that some pre-orders have been shipped. So hopefully these will be granted “in-stock” status soon.

Still looking for a review that involves an iPad.

Thanks to the AUM app, I can lower my mixer requirements to simple stereo USB I/O.

Might end up just getting an Behringer, since some iPad’ers say they use those.

re: iPad as disk recorder with MTK. This person received an earlier unit in Sweden -

Excellent.
Next is a demo of the iPad being used as FX processor in a live situation. Doesn’t have to be a CPU heavy thing like Flux:FX - Gliderverb or one of the guitar amp/multi-FX sims (Bias, Tonestack, etc.) will do.

I’ve just had an email from Juno to let me know they have the MTK 12 in stock, so hopefully they’re readily available in the UK now.

Hoping to hear some more feedback from people on them but the SOS review is pretty positive so it could be time to start saving for one.

There’s one left in stock here, in the US: http://www.agiprodj.com/soundcraft-signature-12-12-input-analogue-mixer-with-onboard-effects.html

I’m not too familiar with the vendor, but I grabbed the second-to-last one they had in stock and the shipping was really fast. Great price for it, too, and eligible for the 12% discount they’re running now.

Thats not the MTK version