Soundcloud is dying

I think at its Origins, Soundcloud was great… But they failed to keep a good balance between Freedom and Marketing, Pro and Listeners, Network and Scammers, Own Right on Tracks and Rights algorithm detection, Music genre recommendations for Listeners, Network recommendations to Pro on music genres and label, Bandcamp business model (sort of) including for Pro to sale music directly with Paypal or something, And also keeping the DJ and Dj Set with some special conditions/discussions with label.

Where Soundcloud failed (to me) is in to BE on multiple side of the Music, that’s where Soundcloud need to be the King. Instead they going to the Streaming model where Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music and Tidal are … and somehow impossible to beat on their ground.

Is where they failed very bad move.

2 Likes

I mostly just use SoundCloud to dump my songs onto so I can listen to them later. Other people can listen if they like- at their own peril, of course.

And it would be disappointing if I have to actually load the songs onto my phone after each created track. A sacrifice for saving the sharing for the completed creation, I suppose

2 Likes

I use Soundcloud extensively as that’s where many artists and record labels place example tracks that are then embedded into various reviews I host in another guise… if Soundcloud dies, at the very least those will disappear, and then I’ll have to search all over Bandcamp and/or YouTube to sort out new links. Which would be tedious.

I have this same problem on my android (Samsung), a workaround is to copy the url and paste to your preferred browser.

Huh! That doesn’t work for me! It still tries to route me to the app store.

I also used SoundCloud to dump my tracks. Now I use amuse to upload it to Spotify instead, takes a few days but hey… it’s free :slight_smile:

1 Like

did you keep getting it from ‘glitch records’ ?

I agree, it was very simple to use in the beginning. There weren’t even groups to follow, you just followed your favorite noise makers and network it from there. Commenting was fun too, but it turned into spamarama later with all the changes.

1 Like

One thing I dislike a lot is the way it’s handled on iOS…
There are numerous things I can’t do from my phone or tablet, it’s pretty annoying.

4 Likes

How has your experience been with Amuse so far?

Pretty awesome actually.