Sound Quality Drops When Plugged into the Octatrack

He probably does not care, he DJ’s and releases music on vinyl, which has nowhere near the dynamic range and channel separation of the OT.

2 Likes

I assume that above a certain level of success people usually have pretty mediocre taste (with the occasional exception).

1 Like

I guess the point of referring to ‘successful’ artists is to show that the device is being used in a professional context. If it sounded as bad as some people claim, which it demonstrably does not imo, then it would not be used on multiple commercial releases nor on stage. These artists presumably have access to way more gear than the average bedroom producer, so they would pick something else if it was that terrible. It’s not to suggest anything about you or your tastes. And if you don’t gel with a piece of gear, that’s fine too. There are plenty of options available nowadays.

2 Likes

Your point is exactly what I was referring to in mine?

Ah, all good then :+1:

7 Likes

Stimming is a ‘successful’ artist who uses the OT on stage and claimed it degrades the sound until he realised he had timestretch on. Being a professional doesn’t mean you know your stuff. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Lol. Yeah, that ‘review’ was a bit of a car crash. And it was part of the reason why we are here in these endless loops discussing it over and over. :smiley:

2 Likes

Googled “Octatrack gif”

What a time to be alive.

Edit: Anyone know the source or at least the context?

16 Likes

Looks like ketchup and mustard

15 Likes

Ah, must be a demo of the recording buffet.

5 Likes

Just another wednesday at Elektron HQ…

3 Likes

don’t kill the magic

2 Likes

Yeah sometimes it is better not knowing.

1 Like

Seems to have been discussed (and maybe originally posted???) on Reddit 6 years ago:

Obviously the comments go full Reddit.

1 Like

1 Like

There You Go

I can’t see it since I have no google account.

3 Likes

It gets plenty weird, as expected

On a side note where did those cool metal sides come from?

Probably for the best :laughing:

2 Likes