Sequencer & Sound Programming Tips for Digitone

I think we could start collecting Sound programming Tips Here for the Digitone.

Let me start by asking a question. :rofl:

I created a few Patches by using presets as a starting Point. I noticed that i had with some an irritating click at the start of a sound. I only can get rid of that click by using a high Pass Base width Filter. Which of course Changes my Sound too much? All Attack Times on all envelopes are Set to a longer setting. Where could that click come from? And what Else can i do against it?

6 Likes

A lot of us are getting this. 99% sure it’s a bug. @Ess can you confirm? It’s not just when overdrive is active.

2 Likes

Aha? OK and i thought that my FM Synthesis skills are simply Bad…

Any FM sound design tips are welcome ! Any tips for fm drums ?

Feedback and Modulation to the max to get noise that can be shaped than with envelopes and tamed with filter

4 Likes

What about bass drum ?

Is it the osc resetting?

The classic substraktive Synthesis Trick…use Filter self Reso. LP4 should do it. Tune by opening Cutoff. Reso to the max. Short Adsr.

2 Likes

Any Way to achieve it using only the fm engine ?

Up !

Syn1

Syn2

Syn2-2

Amp
Thats a sine based one. Changing harmonics and Models will result in more tonal metallic results

7 Likes

Thanks a lot ! Any online resource for FM sound design ?

I Just analyzed one of the presets. They are a great source.

4 Likes

building on this you can get the kick more snappier by using a one shot lfo (“hlf”-mode) modulating the pitch of all operators (“pitch all”). works best with an “exp”-lfo waveform setting. adjust speed and depth to taste.

4 Likes

This sounds more like the attack of the amp is a bit to steep. Try keeping the Attack on the AMP ADSR at around 2-8 to reduce clicks from the oscillator resetting (or just starting at any odd value…)

0 attack is really 0 on the Digitone so… It will click! (However is usable with AENR off)

11 Likes

Thanks @Ess i Just thought it must be something Like that. But i am Sure i Set also the Amp Attack to 6 or something Like this. Let meine See If i can reproduce it. If i can i will Open a Support Ticket.

OK wasnt able to reproduce yet. Guess the problem was then in Front of the Digitone and between two ears.

However…i Just discovered that i can assign four Destination to the Modwheel…Just great when you want to jam.

2 Likes

remember that the two lfos can be used as additional operators. to get weird wide sounds try for example a very fast lfo in the 2k range on the panning and bring in delay to taste.

2 Likes

to give a bass sound extra punch, layer it with a second sound and place a kick on that. adjust the attack times so that the kick hits immediately and the bass shortly after.

for a wide bass, turn on chorus, but make shure, that it doesnt affect the low frequencies

2 Likes

I turned on unison mode for my kicks and they sound incredible now!

8 Likes